Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1585874 06/07/06 04:15 PM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
like it says. the cd player works fine, but no sound out of the speakers at all. i've checked grounds, they're all fine, all the wires are hooked up. i did notice the power light is not on, on the amp, but the wire is hooked up. could the amp be shot? i'm talking about the aftermarket amp. i bought the car with all this [censored] on it, cause the previous owner owned an audio shop. it has aftermarket speakers, 12 inch sub, cd player, and 1 big amp for the sub, and 2 little amp looking things for the speakers. all are eclipse. i'll have pics of what the stuff looks like tomorrow. any idea why i might not have any music? it just stoped all the sudden too, i went to the store, shut the car off, and when i turned it back on, nothing. any help would be great.

2003 Dodge SRT-4 Mods: more than 250 characters worth!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Maybe the remote wire from the HU is bad. Check to see if any power is coming out the amp side of the remote turn on wire (Usually blue). Also may want to double check the fuse by the battery, as well as the ground wire for the amp. Let us know how those check out, and we can go from there.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
if it still has the factory amp, that could be shot. happened to me.

-Contour's dead, but is being revived...
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by ford zetec2:
after than, what do i do with the 98 short shifter? do I place it in there like it is?

Stick it in your butt and rotate.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
blue/white line wire... maybe you plugged it to the antenna rem that work just when on radio... is the sound coming when its on the radio ?

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Good point. But the previous owner had a shop, so I'd hope he used the remote, not the antenna one. Still worth checking. Since it was working,and just stopped, I'm betting on:
1. Fuse blown, either by battery or on the amps.
2. No remote signal to turn on amp, maybe wire broke between HU and amp.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
well, i haven't checked that wire you guys were talking about yet, but the stock amp is still powering with speakers with eclipse tweeter things helping. but since that amp is powering that, and the other amp is powering the sub, i'm pretty sure the amps are ok. none of the fuses are bad, i think it's related to the power wire. all the connections i've found are fine, but i haven't traced from where it comes into the fire wall to where it splits under the back seat. it would be cut somewhere in there, but then again, that's big guage wire to be cut by something. i'm still working on it. i really don't want to bring it to a audio shop, cuase they'll rape me. but then again, the only one in town is the kid who i bought the car from, so maybe he'll be able to figure it out right away.

R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
is that red thing on the stock amp, by the rem plug in, a power light?

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Maybe the pre-out are fried

Last edited by SVT3Rivieres; 06/07/06 06:10 PM.

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
what is that red thing than? all the speakers and the 2 eclipse tweeter/speaker thingy amps are hooked up to the stock amp right now, i don't want to deal with switching stuff around. i checked the remote wire, everything is fine with it, so i'm leaning toward the power wire, but even that is a mystery, seeing as the fuse is still fine up front by the battery. i'll have to check the spliter next, since the 4 gauge goes into it, and than there's 3 power wires coming out.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Rickabod:
all the speakers and the 2 eclipse tweeter/speaker thingy amps are hooked up to the stock amp right now,

I don't follow you, you shouldn't have an amp hooked up to an amp. Can you take a pics of the setup, that could help us a bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard