Next Thread
Print Thread
#1585744 06/07/06 02:40 AM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Where in central PA can i go to get performance parts and wheels and etc. for my contour? I was just wondering because i really want to make my contour my own and i was wondering where you guys who live in central PA go to get parts and stuff. What stores do you like? Or do you usually order off the internet and if so what sites do you like? Thanks in advance.

Proud owner of a T-red 1998 Ford Contour SVT http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2378985 Dad:2000 Ford Mustang GT and a Ford F-250 Mom:2003 Lincoln Aviator Brother:2002 Ford Focus notice a pattern?
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I order all of my stuff online.
These sites are very useful:
Part Sources

My lowering springs came from BAT, and my induction system from Kurtz Kustomz.
AJUSA.com is another site that a lot of people use. My spark plug wires came from them (Taylor wires). My headlamp bulbs came from Sylvania.com and my turn signal bulbs from BIMMIAN.com.

If there is something else that I want I do a Google search and then check out the merchant before buying.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

We want pictures, before and after.

I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
As of right now there is nothing specific because i dont really have money to do anything. I figure by browsing through different sites and all will give me ideas. There are two things that i want to do for sure and they are get it repainted(same color because i like the t-red) because the previous owner hit a deer and had the front end repainted and its a different color because the paint everywhere else is more faded and there are some nasty scratches in it that i cant stand to look at. Also i want to get new wheels. So when i save up some more money, those will be the two things i do first.

Proud owner of a T-red 1998 Ford Contour SVT http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2378985 Dad:2000 Ford Mustang GT and a Ford F-250 Mom:2003 Lincoln Aviator Brother:2002 Ford Focus notice a pattern?
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Hard to find Contour specific parts in local stores. Easiest/best route is online through vendors that have been used for years.

- Stickied in several forums

- Stickied in Duratec Performance

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Cool, sounds like you have a good plan.

Check out the pictures and video section and look at some of the car pictures posted there, you should be able to get some good ideas.

Check the classifed section also. You never know what you will find that another CEG'er is selling. You can get some items at good prices from others selling their things. One thing, make sure that the member you are thinking of buying from has a reputation here (a good one), a higher post count, etc. If in doubt, ask one of us and we will help you.

If you have any questions, just ask.

I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Yeah, i have been looking at your guys' contours and i like a lot of them and they have helped. Ive been checking the classifieds and i found a set of wheels that i like too, but currently do not have enough money for them(im 16 and still looking for a job).

And thanks for the help so far. I figured i would most likely have to go through websites.

Last edited by ilive4sports; 06/07/06 08:26 PM.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
16 wow i remember when i was 16.. welcome and enjoy the contour. just don't rice it up at all. remember it is AMERICAN MADE..

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
I wont rice it up. I hate that. I had a kid tell me that his civic and a nissan maxima(both older) would blow away my car. Lets just say he didnt know anything about the contour. I guess i like that. For the most part it doesnt look like it really is. People see a contour and just disreguard what it really is. Then at the light, well lets just say they now know. I hope to be able to say i have the nicest car in the parking lot at school when im finished with it.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Stick with us and you will have the nicest car in the lot.

There is a car show at Hoffman Ford on 6 August. A few CEG'ers will be there and you are welcome to attend also. No worries that your car isn't for "show", just wash her up and have fun.

Link Copied to Clipboard