Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I guess I wanna start a database of CEG'ers posting the best ways and the mods that they can do to get the best and most of our 50L of gas per tank. I mean if we're realisitcally putting 50L of gas I expect AT LEAST (AT THE VERY LEAST) 500KM before the light comes on. But everyone has different experiences. What I do to improve fuel economy regularly:
- Fuel Injector Cleaner after EVERY FILL UP
- Checking and maintaining high tire pressure
- I clean the engine (moving parts) of any gunk, oil or whatever might cause the engine to work harder.
- After EVERY oil change, Oil stabilizer right in. (I got lucky and got a box of Oil stabilizer/Engine protectant for about $2.75 each.
- Trying to drive no more than 20 over the limit and making sure that I shut off my engine during long idles. I also try to make sure and maintain speed instead of stop and go.

I'm getting about 600ish, I've gotten 625 the other day. What are you guys doing?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Maybe about 350km per tank, Of course that consists of some city, some highway, and some "1/4 mile track". About $55-60 of 94 every 4 days or so. Just went to Sparta yesturday and got there (230km) on about half a tank.

Last edited by zrated; 06/05/06 09:33 PM.

98 Contour SE 3.0L 5-speed SCT PRP, Gutted IMRC's, Fidanza Flywheel, Race Ported 2004 3.0L Oval Port, Zex 125hp shot, 70mm Mustang TB, 42Lb injectors,Walbro 255 pump, Traction Bars, Zeitronix wideband o2, lots of little things, 10,000K HID's!!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
i rarely do more than 400km with a tank... its probably because i like the sound of my engine too much

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
I see a very consistent ~450KMs per tank from a good mix of inner city (Toronto) and highway commuting (60kms return daily). I've seen over 500KMs with long consistent speed road trips, and even then I could have gotten more but I chose to refill at the next station�

I don't feel I do anything conscience to get ââ?¬Ë?goodââ?¬â?¢ gas mileage either... I use Sunoco 91 or 94 exclusively, run synthetic and change it every 5-7000kms depending on my mood, occasionally I'll put Redline fuel treatment in, stock SVT less K&N and no resonator and I check tire pressure on a regular basisââ?¬Â¦

-------------------- 1999 Black/Tan CSVT #2658 of 2760 201,000+km - K&N, Magnecor race wires, Optima red top, BAT Euro Kit, KVR CF pads, PIAA Plasma Ion bulbs. 1989 Yamaha FZR600 - 40,000+km - K&N Pods, Stage 3 Jets, V&H 4-1 exhaust
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by m4gician:
I guess I wanna start a database of CEG'ers posting the best ways and the mods that they can do to get the best and most of our 50L of gas per tank. I mean if we're realisitcally putting 50L of gas I expect AT LEAST (AT THE VERY LEAST) 500KM before the light comes on. But everyone has different experiences. What I do to improve fuel economy regularly:
- Fuel Injector Cleaner after EVERY FILL UP
- Checking and maintaining high tire pressure
- I clean the engine (moving parts) of any gunk, oil or whatever might cause the engine to work harder.
- After EVERY oil change, Oil stabilizer right in. (I got lucky and got a box of Oil stabilizer/Engine protectant for about $2.75 each.
- Trying to drive no more than 20 over the limit and making sure that I shut off my engine during long idles. I also try to make sure and maintain speed instead of stop and go.

I'm getting about 600ish, I've gotten 625 the other day. What are you guys doing?

keep the air filter clean.....

i get 550 plus on my 2 litre just got 625 on last tank

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
450ish in the City..

get 550+ if all highway..

slow foot & lots of tuneups..

V6 Duratec

cheers

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
- Fuel Injector Cleaner after EVERY FILL UP = Overkill for sure
- Checking and maintaining high tire pressure Presuming you mean the correct pressure, yes
- I clean the engine (moving parts) of any gunk, oil or whatever might cause the engine to work harder. Yes
- After EVERY oil change, Oil stabilizer right in. (I got lucky and got a box of Oil stabilizer/Engine protectant for about $2.75 each. The only thing that goes in your engine is oil ... nothing else
- Trying to drive no more than 20 over the limit and making sure that I shut off my engine during long idles. I also try to make sure and maintain speed instead of stop and go. Steady is the key here, smooth and soft accelleration too

Clean air filter too, and an exhaust mod will help mileage. Turn off your air in the summer, use windows or just blower vents.
600km for 50l is pretty good. My wife gets between 600 - 700km for her mystique but then she drives 200km for work each day which is 100% highway.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much at 600km/tank.
IF you're trying to save money then the difference of 600 and 700km per 50L fill up (at $1/L) is only $0.01 per km ... or $7/tank maximum. Even whent it was $1.40/L we figured out a difference of just over $0.01 per tank.

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
With that driving range I'd be worrying more about getting into the local gas station before they change the price of gas for the 3rd time in a day. Anyone else notice that some gas stations adjust their prices according to the world markets rather than when they get their tanks re-filled?

1998 Ford Contour GL Sport 2.5 V6 MTX in Black @ 322ks BMW 335i = Lexus IS350 in your rearview mirror
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
My mileage is alright. I can usually get 500 k out of a tank of gas. Definately less if I drive too fast though. I do use injector cleaner every oil change which for me is about every two months. Other than that I use decent quality gas. I don't use Sunoco Gold as I seem to get worse mileage with it. 91 works well. I avoid Esso as it is one of the dirtest fuels on the market.

I dont really do much else other than the regular maintenance stuff.

1998 BLK SVT CONTOUR #2980 of 6535 395,000(ish) km (and counting) SVTOA-TORONTO Chapter Director www.svtoa-toronto.ca
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by lauraq:
My mileage is alright. I can usually get 500 k out of a tank of gas. Definately less if I drive too fast though. I do use injector cleaner every oil change which for me is about every two months. Other than that I use decent quality gas. I don't use Sunoco Gold as I seem to get worse mileage with it. 91 works well. I avoid Esso as it is one of the dirtest fuels on the market.

I dont really do much else other than the regular maintenance stuff.

Now i know I mean I believe Esso gas is the worst gas for mileage IMHO. But I thought or was convinced recently that those things didn't matter. IMHO Shell Gas gives me slightly better mileage, especially the premium mix, but again thats IMHO.

What kind of Exhaust mod would help me get more?! How much am I looking at to install it (pay for it as well)? Should I go with the SVT dual exhaust (mystique)? What do you guys recommend and who'd be able to do it in lets say the Toronto area.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard