Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That is the simple reason why I did not buy any fittings for the kit. I wanted all aero quip fittings and they are 20 + dollars a peice.

The hoses will be replaced regularly, so im not sure im too woried about them. Althought I still want to do stainless eventually.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Like Alex said, the rubber is fine. Just check your worm clamps every once in a while. The rubber under neath the braided lines is fare better than the lines in these kits, and are rated at a higher psi not to mention different fluids. Pushon style hose is a nice and easy hose to work with, but the fittings are more expensive than the braided, but you don't cut yourself like with braided.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by morbid:
The FRP adaptor is actually a common brand product, with their name on it. If I remember when I get home, I'll look at the instruction sheet... which says the actual company.

Perma-cool I think

Bingo!

Also, the Goodyear rubber that comes with the kit is pretty good. But I reran all my lines and had to get new rubber. The silicone+rubber hoses are supposed to be as good as the braided lines, are cheaper, and one person I spoke with at Lopers said they typically outlast braided lines (I haven't done any research to verify this though).

I've very happy with this relocation kit... other than temp/psi gauges ran to it, I also have a thermostat and cooler. I might change out the cooler for a different one, depending on its performance this summer.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by todras:
BTW- What do you think is under the stainless braiding? RUBBER! All the braid does is help prevent rubbing. All external oil lines for aftermarket coolers etc should be changed every 12 months.

The reason I went with the steel braided lines was for peace of mind. Engine lubrication is just too critical a component to use the second best option IMHO. Depending on how you route your hoses (3ft gives limited options) you come in close contact with the EM/Headers. Having the SHM headers, it was nessicary to actually go around the headers as the direct route placed the hoses within less than a inch of contact with the headers. I got only 7 miles on my rubber hoses before they bursted due to heat. I was lucky I caught it immediately and was able to shut off the engine and pull over before engine damage occurred. After going through this, I was all too happy to pony up the extra $$$ for the longer stainless steel braided lines.

Benefits of using 5ft stainless steel braided lines vs 3ft rubber hoses in kit

1. Better heat tolerance
2. Hoses I purchased are 10x as strong then the hoses included in my kit. SS = 3000 psi rated vs Standard Rubber = 300 psi. (I know our engines dont push the lines greater than say 100 psi, but it's nice to know the hoses are overkill and engineered for serious industrial use)
3. Extra 2 feet allowed me to route behind the lower bumper grill giving oil a passive extra cooling benefit.
4. Looks nicer
5. PEACE OF MIND!!

Many people here on CEG have spent $130 on a revised oil pan or $250 for an Accusump for it's improved oil lubrication/protection and greater peace of mind. I think the extra $110 is money well spent.

2000 CSVT Frost Silver 3.0 Hybrid
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by dpa43:
I have read the thread that Todras posted on the kit that he has, and unfortuneately FRP no longer carries it. The one they do have listed on their site will not fit. I already called them and asked. So does anyone else know of one that will fit? I was wondering if there is another vehilce out there that uses the same filter that the Tour does and there is a kit for that car wouldn't that kit fit our cars?

TIA

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you haven't found one yet, Amsoil sells an oil filter remote mount kit. BMK-14

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by iso50:
Originally posted by dpa43:
I have read the thread that Todras posted on the kit that he has, and unfortuneately FRP no longer carries it. The one they do have listed on their site will not fit. I already called them and asked. So does anyone else know of one that will fit? I was wondering if there is another vehilce out there that uses the same filter that the Tour does and there is a kit for that car wouldn't that kit fit our cars?

TIA

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you haven't found one yet, Amsoil sells an oil filter remote mount kit. BMK-14

you can still get it from Bill at Teamfordparts.com

that is just where I got mine from

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
just search for this:

M-6881-A54

and it will come up in the Ford Racing Parts Catalog.

Which can be located at either one of these links:

Ford Racing Parts Homepage

Team Ford Parts (Bill Jenkins site)- It also just so happens that the relocation kit shows up on that page as well without searching, FYI)

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
just search for this:

M-6881-A54

and it will come up in the Ford Racing Parts Catalog.

Which can be located at either one of these links:

Ford Racing Parts Homepage

Team Ford Parts (Bill Jenkins site)- It also just so happens that the relocation kit shows up on that page as well without searching, FYI)

I like the "NOTE: Not recommended for performance engines"
warning.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
British American Transfer sells the components needed to relocate the oil filter. They sell every component every made for any lubrication. The guys there are pretty knowledgable about Contours as well. http://www.batinc.net/main.htm

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by ncalaskan:
The guys there are pretty knowledgable about Contours as well. http://www.batinc.net/main.htm

BAT huh? We've never heard of them.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard