Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Icefury:
I have a trans dapt kit installed. This kit required cutting about an inch off the block oil filter nipple as the adapter for the block bottomed out. So be forwarned the TD kit is not exactly plug and play.

Are we talking about the same kit? Mine IS plug and play, I didn't have to cut anything. Unscrew stock filter, screw on adapter, run hoses, wham, bam, thankyou mam.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by dpa43:

Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Summit Racing is where I ordered mine from. It was on back order, and took a few weeks, but I did finally get it

Do you still have the part # for it?

Thanks Guys!!!

Had to work to find it, it doesnt come up by browsing:

FMS-M-6881-A54

Plug that in the search and it will come up. Runs about $78

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I have a trans dapt kit installed. This kit required cutting about an inch off the block oil filter nipple as the adapter for the block bottomed out. So be forwarned the TD kit is not exactly plug and play.

Are we talking about the same kit? Mine IS plug and play, I didn't have to cut anything. Unscrew stock filter, screw on adapter, run hoses, wham, bam, thankyou mam.

In the not too distant past, Trans Dapt had two molds of the block adapter and Mold 1 was a perfect fit. TD no longer makes Mold 1. You must have had a Mold 1 design.

Mold 2 will work but is alot more shallow so it required cutting down the block oil filter nipple about an inch.

2000 CSVT Frost Silver 3.0 Hybrid
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Don't forget to torque down the mounting boss when you remove it to cut it down if you have to ... 60 lb/ft. IIRC. and takes a 12mm hex adapter IIRC as well.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
The FRP adaptor is actually a common brand product, with their name on it. If I remember when I get home, I'll look at the instruction sheet... which says the actual company.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

I cannot stress enough if your going to buy the kit, ditch the rubber hoses and buy steel braided! Trust me on this...

Meh, Ive had the kit for a little while now with the rubber lines, with no issues. Considering the prices of aeroquip fittings and such, it would double the price of the oil filter relocation. So far the only person I know with the stainless lines are dion (who loves them). Does that mean that everyone else (me, todd, ryan, etc...) are wrong to use the rubber....

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by morbid:
The FRP adaptor is actually a common brand product, with their name on it. If I remember when I get home, I'll look at the instruction sheet... which says the actual company.

Perma-cool I think

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You're mom is Perma Cool.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
BTW- What do you think is under the stainless braiding? RUBBER! All the braid does is help prevent rubbing. All external oil lines for aftermarket coolers etc should be changed every 12 months.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Most braided lines have a pretty high heat tolerance as well. Better than plain rubber.

It would easily double to triple the price of the relocation to do braided. I bought 3 ft. of braided line and some fittings for each end, and it was way over $50. I think just the 3 ft. of hose was that much, then figure about $5-10 a pop for each fitting, of which you will need at least 4 to change everything from AN to standard or metric thread sizes (for ONE hose). It adds up quickly. Though if you have the money. . . . .

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard