Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1584330 06/05/06 04:10 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I have read the thread that Todras posted on the kit that he has, and unfortuneately FRP no longer carries it. The one they do have listed on their site will not fit. I already called them and asked. So does anyone else know of one that will fit? I was wondering if there is another vehilce out there that uses the same filter that the Tour does and there is a kit for that car wouldn't that kit fit our cars?

TIA

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just ordered one from Team Ford Parts, it was listed there, still waiting on it ....

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Summit Racing is where I ordered mine from. It was on back order, and took a few weeks, but I did finally get it

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by dpa43:
I already called them and asked.

LMAO! How would they know? Do you think Contour is listed under the FRP relocation kit?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by BrApple:
I just ordered one from Team Ford Parts, it was listed there, still waiting on it ....

Did you call Bill J. to get it and what was the cost may I ask? i checked the site and didn't see anything.

Thanks

Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Summit Racing is where I ordered mine from. It was on back order, and took a few weeks, but I did finally get it

Do you still have the part # for it?

Thanks Guys!!!

Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
I have a trans dapt kit installed. This kit required cutting about an inch off the block oil filter nipple as the adapter for the block bottomed out. So be forwarned the TD kit is not exactly plug and play.

I cannot stress enough if your going to buy the kit, ditch the rubber hoses and buy steel braided! Trust me on this...

2000 CSVT Frost Silver 3.0 Hybrid
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by todras:
I already called them and asked.

LMAO! How would they know? Do you think Contour is listed under the FRP relocation kit?

I asked him if the one they had listed would fit the filter size that the vehicle takes. He stated that it would not work for that filter size. Just going by what he said, don't really feel like wasting time and money on something that isn't going to work.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by BrApple:

Did you call Bill J. to get it and what was the cost may I ask? i checked the site and didn't see anything.

nope it is on the web site under Ford Racing Parts, when you go to the main page look for the FRPs catolog and when you click on it it just shows the torsen, click on the left light you would when you are looking for parts and it will come up, last thursday or so he told me like 1 to 2 more days to get it

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

I asked him if the one they had listed would fit the filter size that the vehicle takes. He stated that it would not work for that filter size. Just going by what he said, don't really feel like wasting time and money on something that isn't going to work.

The Contour filter won't fit in the one we use either. The modular relocation kit requires and FL-1A filter.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Icefury:
I have a trans dapt kit installed. This kit required cutting about an inch off the block oil filter nipple as the adapter for the block bottomed out. So be forwarned the TD kit is not exactly plug and play.

I cannot stress enough if your going to buy the kit, ditch the rubber hoses and buy steel braided! Trust me on this...

Damn Right!!!! What A Pain In The Arse!!!!!
Greg....You Have PM!!

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard