Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I have noticed in the 2 weeks that more and more Contiques are appearing and becoming modified in my area.

I have had my car for 3 years now (the longest I have ever had a car w/o totaling it) and I have seen a couple of SVTs here and there, I have also seen the occasional regular Contour that hasn't been cared for (not washed, sounds like crap, body beaten) Lately though, I have seen more and more Contiques around here being cared for and modified, it's turning into a Civic. The reason I bought my car is because it was rare for the area I live in, but it is now an epidemic.
I went to a local rerstaraunt and saw a '95 SE W/a Magnaflow muffler and it's from the same town I'm from... My new neighbors just bought a Mytique with tinted windows and S4 sidemarkers, I see a red post '97 Contour driving down the road every morning with primer spots and SVT wheels and a turbo muffler, in Lebanon, there is a green one that has custom fiberglass and airbags w/lambo doors, I could keep going, in Murfreesboro, there are 4 more (mainly GLs and one sport) with just exhaust and a sound system but I'm just wondering where they are all comming from. I usually keep up with the cars around here, butI am just stricken with suprise about all of these Contiques just appearing out of nowhere.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, has anyone else noticed this where they live? Am I a trend setter or are people just realizing the potential of the Contique?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I dont know if you're a trend setter... It took them 3 years to realize you were doing it?

Im gonna bet they just kinda fell into it on their own, sorry to burst the ego bubble

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
lol are you kidding me?
It's just coincidence that you're noticing.
Why do you modify your car?
Same reason they modify theirs. Same reason anyone in this world modifies any of the cars they own.
And it's not to copy other people.k

These cars make good used cars, so maybe more people in your area are buying them.
But it's highly doubtful they did it because of you.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I just thought it was funny that a whole lot more people are modding their contours around here now than back when I got mine. Your right though, Contours DO make great used cars, cheap and fun to drive. I didn't actually mean to set an inpression of me having a big ego or anything, I was mainly just stating the above.

It's one of those things that you say something on the internet you would normally say in person to joke around, but it can come out makeing you look either stupid or a real jerk.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Augi:
I just thought it was funny that a whole lot more people are modding their contours around here now than back when I got mine. Your right though, Contours DO make great used cars, cheap and fun to drive. I didn't actually mean to set an inpression of me having a big ego or anything, I was mainly just stating the above.

It's one of those things that you say something on the internet you would normally say in person to joke around, but it can come out makeing you look either stupid or a real jerk.

JERK!

j/k <3

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Augi:
I have noticed in the 2 weeks that more and more Contiques are appearing and becoming modified in my area.

I have had my car for 3 years now (the longest I have ever had a car w/o totaling it) and I have seen a couple of SVTs here and there, I have also seen the occasional regular Contour that hasn't been cared for (not washed, sounds like crap, body beaten) Lately though, I have seen more and more Contiques around here being cared for and modified, it's turning into a Civic. The reason I bought my car is because it was rare for the area I live in, but it is now an epidemic.
I went to a local rerstaraunt and saw a '95 SE W/a Magnaflow muffler and it's from the same town I'm from... My new neighbors just bought a Mytique with tinted windows and S4 sidemarkers, I see a red post '97 Contour driving down the road every morning with primer spots and SVT wheels and a turbo muffler, in Lebanon, there is a green one that has custom fiberglass and airbags w/lambo doors, I could keep going, in Murfreesboro, there are 4 more (mainly GLs and one sport) with just exhaust and a sound system but I'm just wondering where they are all comming from. I usually keep up with the cars around here, butI am just stricken with suprise about all of these Contiques just appearing out of nowhere.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, has anyone else noticed this where they live? Am I a trend setter or are people just realizing the potential of the Contique?

The prices on these cars is dropping so I see more of them around...

But I think you might have had something to do with it. I think when people saw your car it opened their eyes to a new now more affordable car... And saw some of the potential.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Heh, it's GTA3 come to life: Whatever car you're driving, you see a lot more of them on the road.

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:
Heh, it's GTA3 come to life: Whatever car you're driving, you see a lot more of them on the road.

--T.J.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TJSwoboda:

--T.J.

Not when I am driving my Saab 92X. I do see a lot of Subaru's.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Former Contour Owner:

But I think you might have had something to do with it. I think when people saw your car it opened their eyes to a new now more affordable car... And saw some of the potential.

Thats what I thought, I just hope I don't start seeing too many of them. (even though I'm glad that others are realizing the Contour's potential.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard