Print Thread
#1583484 06/02/06 10:47 PM
S
ScottK Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, I'm about 730 dollars and change poorer now - but since I don't want to buy a new car 'till the wifes is paid for I figured it was time to suck it up and at least make sure my car was in decent shape.

I don't know if the Perf. Friction brake pads are rotor eaters, or the cheap import rotors just suck but I need new front brakes so I ordered up a match set of raybestos pg plus rotors (with "VSM" metallurgy lol) and pg plus pads.

My front suspension is totally shot - so I got new struts (just OEM 'cause I actually liked how my car felt when it was new and they are the cheapest thing out there at $70 for the early sport struts), strut mounts, strut bearings and LCA's with the $80 dollars of bolts to put them in .

My blower motor switch melted last week so I needed one of those (Connector Switch), and one of my jack point covers fell off last year so I figured another $18 to not look getto would be a decent deal.

This of course means my engine or tranny will blow up within 6 months now

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
At your mileage it's money well spent, especially if you're going to hang on to the car for a few more years. Have you done a good inspection of the engine wiring harnesses for the bad insulation? Get the recall done while you still can.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ScottK:
I don't want to buy a new car 'till the wifes is paid for...

Woaw ... should that be "... wives are paid for?

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard