Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by DPDISXR4Ti:
I have trouble believing Harry's only has ONE Contour. The last few times I've been there I found at least TEN of them, probably more.

Aahh, but I didn't say they had ONE Contour, I said they had ONE 98+ Contour. They had a bunch of pre-98's as usual.

I go to Harry's quite a lot and there usually is more than one 98+. I'm sure they just cleaned out the other ones in preparation for getting some new stuff in.

Thanks for the info on the EZ pull. Yeah, at Harry's if you want a tranny, etc. you have to rent their equipment, so that's cool that they let you use their stuff at the EZ Pull.
I'm looking forward to going there.

Glenn, you want to make a junkyard run with us when we go?

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by LUCA:

I won't have a weekend off for the next 2 weeks, so don't wait on account of me.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pen_Two:
Originally posted by LUCA:

I won't have a weekend off for the next 2 weeks, so don't wait on account of me.

Actually, I wont have a full weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) until a month from this weekend.

Lol, a 4x4 work schedule owns my weekends every other month.

Last edited by Pen_Two; 06/11/06 10:40 AM.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Well I'm busy next weekend, but after next weekend I'll be free for whenever, there's no rush.

EDIT: Yeah Glenn, you want an 01+ 3L, I personally will be going with an Escape engine as it seems easier to not have to mess with the block itself as opposed to the taurus duratec (new baffled oil pan, maybe some other things the Escape motor already has).

Last edited by DanMyers; 06/11/06 06:27 PM.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I saw one SE with what looked like a 6-cylinder engine. Auto trans, I think.

It's an unmolested light blue car about 1/2 block almost straight ahead of you as you walk throught the entrance.

1995 Contour GL, 118K 2.0L MTX
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I looked at what had to be 10-12 contours at EZ Pull Saturday. Most are base models with Zetec's. about 3 or 4 still had the engines.

One SE.

Gauges picked over. Many good taillights. Many have goos body panels. A couple had OK interiors (not carpet, though)

But what is it about those cup holders?

Every car just about had them taken out. As it was, I had to carry around FOUR partly broken ones until finding a double holder - also broken - which I took to cobble together with my single after I get home.

Jeesh!

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
Stuff like engines, transmissions and windshield, EX will pull for you for a small fee.

Several guys waiting on line Saturday for the garage to get to their Camaro's or whatever.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
If you can avoid Saturday, by all means do it. I got a late start, not arriving until 11 o'clock. Had to park in their new "auxiliary" stone lot out by the road.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Those cup holders are a hot item. I know at Harry's you are very lucky if you can find one that isn't broken, I've never found a whole one.

Looks like the beginning of July I can go. We can wait for you Glenn. Just tell us when you are available and we can figure out what day works for everyone.

Be forwarned...I love the junkyard, I have lots of fun while I'm there and I don't like to leave until I've seen everything.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Well, my work schedule is a 4x4, and this weekend I work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

So, keep moving one day forward on the day I start and I should have a full weekend (Fri-Sun) off by... the 7th to the 9th.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard