Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
It looks about an hour an a half for me, which is about as far as Harry's, Harry's might even be farther. What time are you free to go on saturday? They are only open until 2, and I'm free all day.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Thanks for the directions Zee.

I don't think I can go. Since they are only open until 2, I probably can't leave until at least noon.

The EZ pull is open until 4 (I called) but they only carry model year cars up to 1997. So, it's Joe's that we need to visit.

We'll see. Maybe by Friday I will know if I can leave earlier. I'll let you know.

Right now I'm disappointed. I was all stoked to visit a new junkyard.

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I'm surprised EZ Pull even knows it handles cars only up to 1997. It never seemes like that organized an operation.

Anyhow, when I was there last April, I was looking for a rear bumper. Must have seen at least 8-10 cars. Several had engines, trannies and full interiors. A few had the front struts stripped.

Don't knonw if the Tarus is anyway compatible in parts, but there are a ton of those.

1995 Contour GL, 118K 2.0L MTX
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Yeah I noticed right after I posted that I meant 4PM for the EZ-pull, it's 2PM for Joe's (at least that's what it says on the homepage) haha, but they only handle cars to 1997, isn't that a little odd?

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by LUCA:

John, there were no Cobra's. But we'll keep and eye out for you.

Thanks Chris. Sorry I couldn't stay this weekend.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
It is weird that EZ Pull only handles cars to 1997.

It looks like I won't make it tomorrow. My neighbor passed away yesterday and I told his daughter that I would help her with the things she needs to organize.

I was happy that Zee mentioned this place. I always love a new junkyard to hang out in. Let me know when you guys want to go again and I'm there.

Anytime John.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Alright well I don't really absolutely have to have anything there right now, so maybe we can go some weekend soon.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Sounds good to me Dan.
Zee are you up for a U-Pull-It meet sometime soon?

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
That EZ pull has a few of the 3.0L Duratecs. I found a 2000 and a 2001 with both under 60k miles. I'm guessing those are the years I should be looking for?

(My motor makes odd noises when I accelerate...so I want to put something in there asap)

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I have trouble believing Harry's only has ONE Contour. The last few times I've been there I found at least TEN of them, probably more. EZ is a smaller yard, but since it's not as well known, good stuff tends to be there for longer periods of time. I just got a C4 tranny out of a Pinto at EZ two weeks ago that I know had been there since last Fall. The bell alone goes for $125 and I got the whole tranny/converter/bell for $35.

FWIW, I find the guys at EZ are way more friendly than Harry's. At EZ, if you need to fetch something heavy like the aforementioned transmission, they just throw you the keys to a "yard car" and you can go drive it up.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard