D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Here's the survey from Tire Rack for ULTRA high perf all seasons:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

WTF ARE: Avon Tech M550 A/S They are ranked VERY highly CHEAP PRICE

And the Pzero Neros have fallen in price since the last time I shopped...

Any advice based on the survay above?

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i think the pzero nero are stock on the s60r and the owners on swedespeed seem to hate them in winter use.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I got the falkens Zeix 512 215/45/17 and thought I was happy with them till I started driving my car everyday. I have not been impressed with them in the rain. I was running a higher pressure (40 psi) and had to drop them to 32 so I wouldn't slide off the road. Even at the lower pressure it will still slide if just pushed a little bit in the wet. I also can spin the tires very easily on wet pavement from a stop. Dry is overall good but at the lower pressure they squeal on occasion. I don't remember these problems with my 225/50/16 Dunlop 5000s yes it is wider and different diameter but still. The falkens have not seen snow but if they are this bad in the wet I can't imagine snow. I know some older people with the Falkens that love them, in laws have them on their all wheel drive CRV with no problems and a friend of theirs has them on a Camry. Neither had problems in the winter. Could be a different story on our cars. The 5000s are now on the wifes mystique and I drove them through the winter. They were just OK in the snow. Now that they are getting worn out they are becoming bad in the wet also. I hate shopping for tires.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
The 195/60R15 ZE512s on the Benz have been great in the rain. Oily pavement is a problem, but oily pavement/painted lines/etc. are always troublesome in the wet, with any tire. Overall they're very nearly as good as the Fuzion ZRi I had on the Contour, and they're better than the Hakkapelliita (sp)RSi tires I had for the winter - which weren't bad in the wet at all.

The Mastercraps that came on it - horrible. I threw them away at almost full tread because they were unsafe in the wet.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I purchased the Perelli PZero Nero M&S last year and they are great in the summer! For day to day driving they suit me as well as the BFG KDW's did. Have yet to hear a squeal out of them which includes a run through the "Appalachian Gap"...a 10 mile twisty road up and down a mountain. I've actually only driven in the rain once w/ them and they worked wonderfully there too. Haven't tested them in the snow yet as I don't drive my car in the winter. I purchased them to give me better treadwear, some traction when it gets cold (before the snow flies) and good wet/dry performance. Snow reviews are good on Tire Rack, so I would recommend these.

1999 Contour SVT #1966/2760, Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Koni Kit, Mille Miglia MM-S rims, B&M shifter, Stazi mesh, SFCs, optimized Y-pipe & TB, SS break lines, K&N drop-in, Infinity Kappa speakers, MTX amp/sub
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
My Bridgestone Protenza's seem to have an excellent combination of wet/dry/snow traction. Look up the reviews on those at tirerack.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
All Seasons.....

Stands for "Equally bad in all seasons"

Extra set of tires - $400
Cost of accident due to crappy tires - >$400

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yokohama Avid V4 225/50-16. I've been running the same set of tires for...I dunno, probably 35,000+ miles, year-round, and they're outstanding.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by phd2be:
I purchased the Perelli PZero Nero M&S last year and they are great in the summer!

Same here.

They're not as good as the TDW's in the summer, but worlds ahead of them in the snow and about as good in the rain. Perfectly fine for a daily driver.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard