Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I was told by a dealership that a code should always appear if the IMRC is malfunctioning, but mine hasn't been working for awhile and I've never had a code show up.

Apparently, though, my mechanic pulled a stored(?) code a long time ago from my car, revealing the IMRC malfunction, but a CEL never showed up before he shared that information. So either my car doesn't like to show IMRC related CELs, or other Contours share the same problem.

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
'
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
'
My IMRC has been going on and off on me but i never get a CEL. It sucks when you are ready to get on it and you hit 3800 rpm's and then nothing happens.

1999 Black Contour V6 5 speed. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072975/
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by stilov:
Not sure if this Q has been answered, but will you ALWAYS get a code if they aren't working?

No. If the transistor is bad, the IMRC will function properly until the engine is warmed up. Then, the IMRC box heats up and causes the faulty transistor to stop holding a load. I imagine that the IMRC not functioning isn't enough to cause a CEL since it's not going to cause damage to the engine.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard