Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1581511 05/31/06 03:17 AM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
OK, finally got around to doing this to the ol' Contour. What a massive difference it makes going from non-working IMRC to working IMRC.

Instead of replacing your IMRC, either fix it this way, or the first 8 people to send me their board with motor can have me fix it for $35 shipped back to you. I have 8 of these transistors left, so first come first serve!

Feel free to put this in the FAQ or sticky.

IMRC Fix, How-To

And for the people that might say "But I can get one of these from a junkyard for that", you're still getting the factory IMRC transistor that fails. The TIP121 has MUCH better heat tolerances.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i have a question. i have a pretty new imrc that i baught new from ford a few months ago. it works and all but i get a p1518. what causes that. i think it happened when the imrc came off the relocation bolt. so now my engien stays on and i cant seem to figure it out. do you have any idea what i can do.

when i had my stock imrc it was acting up real bad. once the car got pretty warm it wouldnt work at all. so i just moved it under the battery and never had a problem with it untill the cable ripped from battery acid getting to it.

i belive the valve cover heat realy effects the electronics in it.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Good how-to.

Thankfully my IMRC box hasn't gone yet...but it's nice to know this info/fix is available!

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Nice info

00 Mystique LS V6 ATX 57K miles K&N air filter TH Fix B&M 70268 Atx cooler
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You sir kick arse!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
my IMRC casing is cracked. i have a replacement one but havent been able to figure out where that cable ends up. any tips or just tell me where it ends? any tips on removing it?

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by DanburySE:
my IMRC casing is cracked. i have a replacement one but havent been able to figure out where that cable ends up. any tips or just tell me where it ends? any tips on removing it?

it goes under the throttle body.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Thanks Chris! You are a lifesaver. I didn't want to buy a new one!

I guess radio shack only carries the TIP120 transistor. Do you think that will work, or do I need the TIP121 ?!?! If so, where can I buy a TIP121 not over the internet. I would like to have it tomorrow and I don't want to wait for shipping, etc...

Thanks again Chris! Great post.

Jeff

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i have a question. i have a pretty new imrc that i baught new from ford a few months ago. it works and all but i get a p1518. what causes that. i think it happened when the imrc came off the relocation bolt. so now my engien stays on and i cant seem to figure it out. do you have any idea what i can do.

Don't totally understand everything your asking but did you check to see if the cable from the imrc is still hooked up? I think I had that code last time I repalced my fuel injector harness, I had to remove the imrc box. Sure enough the cable was off.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Just what I needed!

Just when I needed it!

Thanks!

'98.5 SVT#5826 of 6535, Silver Frost-As fun to drive as my old MR2 and way more practical! Not as much fun to drive as my Turbo Rx7 was, but it starts every time!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard