Next Thread
Print Thread
#1581505 05/31/06 03:11 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
...The tool that takes the place of the front roll restrictor to aid in aligning the mounts/roll restrictors.

Does anyone in the Detroit area have one of these that i could possibly borrow???

CD4E was recently rebuilt and engine and trans were out so i'm trying to align everything again.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could lend me one of these things!

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I didn't use one. And I know most others don't use it either.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
The roll restrictor design is different for the CD4E and MTX75 i believe...if i could at least get one lined up properly i would be happy.

I've just replaced/fixed so much crap at this point, i dont want to half ass this because i know that rear RR will be a PITA to get to once i put everything back together.

Without the tool I dont get how its possible to know that you have the bolt in the middle of the roll restrictor...i even used a system of mirrors and i cant see crap...why the hell did they have to make the sleeve so large?

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
just fond a bolt of socket that will fit in the openning, also you should be able to visually line it up also

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
So i'm guessing nobody has one of these?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by amarv12:
So i'm guessing nobody has one of these?

you don't need one, find a bolt or a deep socket that fits and use that, it isn't something hard or special

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard