Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by GT-Slow Pete:
Originally posted by Meztic:
Do i use the Vin, to find out what number I am.

Please read the Stickies/FAQs.

Right from the Sticky/FAQ at the top of this forum:

Q: How do I get my production number / SVT certificate?
A: You need the last 6 digits of your VIN# and call 1-800-FORD-SVT. It will cost ~$20-30 to get the certificate.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
the shift from E0 to E1 i think was essentially January 31 - February 1, 1998. (feb 1 being the first day for E1's if i recall my readings correctly)
somewhere in the 4000's, i would guess, as my E1 was #4619 built on Feb 18th.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
thanks that gives me a better idea of how many E1's were made.
Also i found this which shows its somewhere between 4406 to 4500.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
the shift from E0 to E1 i think was essentially January 31 - February 1, 1998. (feb 1 being the first day for E1's if i recall my readings correctly)
somewhere in the 4000's, i would guess, as my E1 was #4619 built on Feb 18th.

I understand that it was the first production day after February 1st, 1998.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
yeah but can somebody tell me the difference between the csvt and the se?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

sure can

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

sure can

That has been posted here time and time again. With a search you can learn more than you ever wanted to know.

Here is what I remember off the top of my head:

Engine has 25 additional horsepower for 98 and 30 additional horsepower for 99. The power increase is from a larger throttle body, hotter cams, slightly increased compression from different pistons, and extrude honing of the intake manifolds and heads. The 99 and newer had a more agressive extrude hone to generate the additional 5 horsepower over the 98. The engine also had hand selected cranks from the normal production run which made no difference in power but helped with durability. SVT radiator has thicker core. Quasi dual exhaust is unique to the SVT. SVT has an engine oil cooler that was not available on the SE.

Only available with manual trans. Trans identical to other V6 Contours.

Larger front brake rotors. Early 98 also had different front calipers and pads. The exact time of the change from one caliper style to the other is not well documented. SVT only available with ABS where it was optional on the SE. SVT has rear disc brakes, as did the manual trans SE (auto trans SE had drum rears). SVT calipers and rotors were factory treated with Dacromat process.

SVT suspension shared some components with the other Contour manual trans V6 cars. Rear struts and springs are the same. Front springs are the same. Early 98 front struts are the same while the late 98 and newer front struts were firmer. The front and rear sway bars are unique to the SVT.

SVT has a unique body ground effects package that includes deep side skirts as well as front and rear bumpers. Front bumper has unique fog lights. SE in early 98 included a trunk mounted spoiler (eventually deleted or optional). SVT did not have spoiler as a factory option until 2000. SVT introducted with three colors; black, silver, and T red. SE had many more color choices. In 99 green was added.

SVT originally only had one color available for the interior, midnight blue. Tan was added in 99. SVT included a leather steering wheel and shift knob while both were optional with the SE. Seat pattern with perferated leather was unique to the SVT. Leather (different pattern) was optional on the SE.

SVT only came with premium sound. Optional on the SE.

There were only three options on the SVT. Cassette player or CD player. Sunroof. Cold climate engine heater. In 2000 the rear trunk spoiler was added to the option list.

If you look aroung you may find whatever I missed.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
gorsh jim, i was only kidding

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Big Jim:

SVT did not have spoiler as a factory option until 2000.

so no 1998's or 99's had a spoiler??

as mine is a 98 E1 with no spoiler

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Stylin55_oh:
Originally posted by Big Jim:

SVT did not have spoiler as a factory option until 2000.

so no 1998's or 99's had a spoiler??

as mine is a 98 E1 with no spoiler

There were many that were dealer installed. I had one offered to me and declined since I didn't want one. I would have only need to pay for paint.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard