S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Swazo:
I also beveled the edge wround the injector port to allow the spray pattern to fan out a bit more

I did the same thing to the underside of the injector boss. I also widened the outlets of the secondary ports like you did both ports. The primary ports are feeding much slower air so...

Sweet, I take that as a sign I was on the right track

I did both ports because I was using the Aluminum 3L UIM, not the SVT UIM.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#1581419 07/31/06 12:09 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I put the SVT LIM gasket on the head last night. It looks like there is a number of places where the cutouts will make the walls mighty thin in some spots.

Has anyone had any problems with that?

I was also looking at the effect of leaving the secondary valves in. It seems to me that with the oval heads the secondaries would create less turbulance at low RPM. This is because the Secondary runner would be blocked off restricting the flow through to just the long runner. Then when the air enters the head it would open up to a larger space and enter the cylinder through both valves instead of just one - like on the 2.5 heads.

I am definitely taking the secondary butterflies out. Anybody else have any comments or thoughts?

1998 Contour SVT Black w/ Blue interior Torsen LSD updated shiftforks Lightened Flywheel, HD Drivelines Optimized Thottle Body 2003 3.0L engine upgrade (Soon to be)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard