Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I junked my V6 at the end of March,after the car went through it's second tranny,and 300 000km. I had bought an identical Zetec (same colour,year and everything) back in November that I was going to use as my winter beater while I was going to fix up my V6. I saved my money all winter,and got a little over $5000 saved up from November to March (making a whopping *sarcasm* $10.50/hr). I had plans for a 3L swap,SVT kit and some odds and ends for my V6,because after that,the car would have been finished. Anyways,the tranny crapped out on the car,and I had also been having lots of problems with it and it just got to the point where I'd fix 1 thing and 3 more things would go wrong and it just started to get irritating and I junked the car. The little Zetec sat in storage all winter,bundled up in a car cover,on jack stands,fuel stabilizer in it,battery removed,fresh oil change etc. At this time I was looking at a '99 Grand Prix GT with 160k KM on it for $4300.

A friend of mine had a little '89 Mazda B2200 for sale with low miles and in good shape for the age. I'd always wanted one to do up,so I ended up buying it,and it's been my daily driver since March. However,a month after owning it,the valve seals AND the oil rings went and I had the engine rebuilt. Right now as the truck sits in my driveway it has 134 000km on the body and 2500km on the new motor. I'm currently n the process of fixing up the truck and making it into a little project,you know,typical minitruck stuff; Lowered,roll pan w/LED tails,shaved tail lights & door handles and whatnot....

Anyways,things brings me to where I sit right now. I've had the Zetec for sale for a few months with no bites and I wanted to keep the car for this coming winter while driving the truck all summer. Well, I figured I may as well get work done on the truck now,so I'm putting the Zetec on the road next week and I'll be back in the Contour game. I still love the cars,I don't know what it is about them.

Here's a couple pics of my Zetec. It's a '95 GL,265 000km (eek!) runs like a charm. It has the SE 7 spoke rims with snow tires from my V6,and I'll be putting the stereo from my V6 in it. Otherwise,that's about all I'm gonna do. It just needs a new Cv shaft to pass safety before I can get it plated.

Here's my V6 (RIP). Twins!

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Welcome back There is "something" about driving the Tours and Mystiques. Just polish up those headlights and the paint, it will look sharp.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
No complaining when this one craps on you now, TwoTwinTours. I hope it treats you well though. You are right .. there is something about Contours that makes you grin stupidly when driving them.

M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Can't complain on this one. It is in significantly better shape than my V6 was when I bought it. All winter I whined about wanting to put this one on the road and put the V6 out of it's misery. I never had any problems with my old Zetec Mystique. In 1 year and 50 000km of ownership I only had to replace front brakes and the thermostat. The Zetec's are great,and atleast there's room to work on them! My V6 had problems from day one and things just got worse. This one was written off when it was 2 years old,rebuilt and repainted. I'm sketchy about that,but the car is straight and I'm like the 7th owner.

The car sat all winter,and got dirty even from being under the cover,and yes,the headlights will be polished and I have to do the 'highs in the lows' again.

Ideally,I'd still like to get another Mystique,Zetec ATX. I'll never go back to the Duratec after my nightmare.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard