Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Stupid question but does it go away when you push in the clutch?

98 3.0 svt: Sold
J
jaged Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
sorry i havent had a chance to look at it again, and wont untill sat.

the noise is still there if the clutch is pushed in or not

2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods 1999 3L Cougar with more mods www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=jaged www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=jaged3L
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have the same thing going on with my 2.5 I am very confident that mine is an exhuast leak at the manifolds, but is sure does sound like a metal on metal tick. Is it louder when the engine is under load?

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
J
jaged Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
lol cant really answer that one, its kinda loud when i get it under load while driving with the gutted interior and the exhaust

2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods 1999 3L Cougar with more mods www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=jaged www.cougardb.com/car.php?id=jaged3L
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:
Originally posted by jaged:
I bought the car with the motor all ready in it, it was built by mtang4life over on newcougar.

and its definately a metal to metal sound

You got owned!

thats what i was thinking

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Quote:

Stupid question but does it go away when you push in the clutch?

You know, mine does that at idle. New Stage 2 clutch installed a year ago. Drives fine but you can really hear it, say, at a drive up window or at the bank. Any cause for alarm?

Randy

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
check the water pump i had that tickin sound coming out of my motor and it was the water pump going bad. the plate was spinning around inside the pump. doesnt hurt to try and see.

phil

J
jaged Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
well i has a chance to look at the car today, checked the exhaust manifolds those are good. the EGR is slightly loose but the nut is all the way tight on the header.

i did switch to a motorcraft synthetic blend oil 5-20 and its got 1k or so on it so i changed that thinking its too thin. Well that didnt help at all.

Ill check the water pump tomorrow. luckily i have one sitting in the garage if i need to change it

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
dude stop spending money on stupid [censored]...you have a spun bearing! PWNED!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
J
jaged Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
i would rather spend a little bit of money now to elimate some things rather that pull the motor and tear it apart and have to buy gaskets and head bolts, and then not have it be a bearing. Besides the oil change is the only money i spent on it.

I was avoiding pulling the motor back out since i just had it out to put in a clutch since the one i bought the car with wasnt enough for the motor

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard