Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I just finished installing some Edead V1SE into my rear deck as it vibrated like hell from the 8" Kicker mounted to it... Before the edead I couldn't even use the sub at all due to annoying rattles and high pitched vibrations, even at low volume... After the Edead though I'm able to crank that baby up with no vibrations =) This stuff is highly recommended for those rear deck sub installs!!!

I bought 20 sq ft of it for $37 shipped and have only used maybe 12 sq ft for both the top and bottom of the deck... Definitely gonna do all doors next and use V3 for the rest of the car. I'll post pics when that's done.

Before edead:

After install:

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Looks good. FYI, elemental designs is clearing out there old edead V1 for .60/per square foot. Use "eDeadclear" for coupon code or get 20 percent off of any purchase by using "edeadBA". Listen to me, I sound like an edead salesman .

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I used that edeadBA coupon, don't worry I've looked into the cheaper v1 but I've read some reviews saying people have had some issues with it, not to mention it's thinner, etc. I'm very pleased with this stuff and am definitely buying more of it VERY easy to install too.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Lke2drvsvt:

I bought 20 sq ft of it for $37 shipped and have only used maybe 12 sq ft for both the top and bottom of the deck... Definitely gonna do all doors next and use V3 for the rest of the car. I'll post pics when that's done.

IMO, I wouldn't use V3. I bought a gallon of the stuff and 50 sq feet of v1se2 and the v3 took over 24 hours to dry (it was pretty humid...but still) and it needs three coats to be as effective as v1se2 which lowers the actual square footage that it's supposed to cover. I did the whole trunk in two coats over top of v1se2 which I put in the trunk well and wheel wells and have about 1/4 of a gallon left. If I could do it again...I would've ordered all v1se2. BTW...how does your rear deck sub sound?

L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
^^^ Thank you very much for that honest response!!! I was going to order the V3 but I guess I'll go with the v1se (I'm VERY happy with the performance of this stuff)

The rear deck sub (Kicker Comp C8) sounds great. Before I used the edead I had to keep it unplugged because even at the lowest volume it still made annoying vibrations, but after the edead I'm able to keep the sub up to a decent power and not have any problems. HIGHLY recommended!! The sub itself sounds ok, it puts out a strong kick and doesn't have any droning or annoying frequencies that it sits on. I listen to mostly alternative/punk type stuff (Dave Matthews, Blink182, etc.) and it's perfect for these applications.

BTW, does anyone want my Pioneer 6x8 speakers?

I've got all 4 speakers currently installed right now, looking to upgrade to JBL's or Polk's... Lemme know. Click here for info

Last edited by Lke2drvsvt; 05/30/06 05:26 AM.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I am definitely interested...PM sent

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Before you spend any more money on mat check out this site.
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/conclusion/
There is a complete write up on the different manufactures of sound deadning materials and the pro's and con's of each one. After reading the reviews I went with the RAAMmat BXT, http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr
It's an excelent product and Rick, the owner, was quick to answer all of my qustions.

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Seems to look like another good alternative to expensive sound deadening. Good find.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard