Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Thanks.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I'd like to see a tuning forum as well.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
I'd like to see a tuning forum as well.

Marty

x2. Would be great to learn, even if I never get to use it, it would be great to know what all is involved.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The SCT forums are pretty good, but it is ALL mustang guys.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:
The SCT forums are pretty good, but it is ALL mustang guys.

Exactly. They do have some good info in their forums, some of which can be applied to us, but a lot isn't so clear. It would be nice to see a Contour based tuning forum.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ditto.

I gave up on SCT forums when I had the issue with rev limiter and AC problem.

Turns out the AC problem was not the tune... go figure, and the Rev limit problem I ended up fixing myself by changing everything I could think of in the tune that had rpm related to it.

Anyway, the tuning information on CEG is there, just scattered and of course we'll be changing and adding to it with regard to SCT tuning, maybe even Diablo if someone buys their stuff and figures it out.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by warmonger:
Ditto.

I gave up on SCT forums when I had the issue with rev limiter and AC problem.

Turns out the AC problem was not the tune... go figure, and the Rev limit problem I ended up fixing myself by changing everything I could think of in the tune that had rpm related to it.

Anyway, the tuning information on CEG is there, just scattered and of course we'll be changing and adding and organizing it with regard to SCT tuning, maybe even Diablo if someone buys their stuff and figures it out.

Fixed

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Hey Mods,

I'm seeing lots of questions about PRP package tuning and I'm thinking it may be a time for another forum specific to chip and flash tuning.

I just posted a lengthy response about PRP tuning that may be better suited to its own forum in order to concentrate the questions and knowledge to that area.
The tuning principles being the same for any of the OBDII pcm setups with some carryover to OBDI, I'd think that anyone could come in and find info that they would need.

Effin GREAT idea!!!!

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by touredon:
Hey Mods,

I'm seeing lots of questions about PRP package tuning and I'm thinking it may be a time for another forum specific to chip and flash tuning.

I just posted a lengthy response about PRP tuning that may be better suited to its own forum in order to concentrate the questions and knowledge to that area.
The tuning principles being the same for any of the OBDII pcm setups with some carryover to OBDI, I'd think that anyone could come in and find info that they would need.

Effin GREAT idea!!!!

and tom gets another one

2000 mercury cougar V6 5spd 3.0L SVT mated to my HMS tranny...... a wolf in sheeps clothing
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I think Tom should be the mod of that forum.

All in favor say I.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard