Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Tourige:
my rule of thumb is this, dont buy antyhing from anyone unless they have like 250+ posts and is well known around here.

Hell, even Frank McCrook himself has a LOT of posts. He changes his screen name often enough that people just think he's some regular CEG'er that likes to changes his name, like a LOT of other CEG'ers do.

I've got an idea, how about everyone keeps their screen name, and when someone DOES decide to change their's, they have no reason to complain when people think they're suspicious!

Name changes are for the guilty.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Name changes are for the gaseous.

fixt

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
my rule of thumb is this, dont buy antyhing from anyone unless they have like 250+ posts and is well known around here.

Hell, even Frank McCrook himself has a LOT of posts. He changes his screen name often enough that people just think he's some regular CEG'er that likes to changes his name, like a LOT of other CEG'ers do.

I've got an idea, how about everyone keeps their screen name, and when someone DOES decide to change their's, they have no reason to complain when people think they're suspicious!

Name changes are for the guilty.

Mark

Yea, i usually reference the names with some people on the board, like Rickson was gonna sell his Mirko to me and i didnt know who he was, so i asked stazi if he knew him, and he did. All the little things keep you safe.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Pole120:
Classifeds post for floor mats by "Frank McGov" seems fishy...

You guys ...
I just picked up some good parts from him today. His last name is McGovern, and he lives in north Phily, PA. He has nothing to do with Frank McCoy. He is a merchanic at a Merc/Lincoln dealership. Very stand up type guy. I not only saw one but two Frank McGovern today. His dad also named Frank. Both very good guys.

He has a low miles 99 SVT for sale too. I believe it's only 53K miles. Looks sharp.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Frank is most definetly at it again. He won an auction of mine and sent me an email about how he was going to send me some money and come pick them up in july. I told him no deal and he wont reply back. Im going to report him to ebay

Mike C T-Red 99 csvt #490 No longer a dailer driver
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S

Yea, i usually reference the names with some people on the board, like Rickson was gonna sell his Mirko to me and i didnt know who he was, so i asked stazi if he knew him, and he did. All the little things keep you safe.

yep, that's exactly what i did when i first made a purchase here from someone i didnt know. everything worked out great.

yeah, the powdercoatmoron was just plain bad. and there have been a few others too if im not mistaken. if i was going to send anything to him for powdercoating, i would have waited to see what many people's experiences were. didnt some people actually (in the beginning) have good work done? it can be tricky... then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here i dunno about Smalltown, USA....but are powdercoating shops that scarce?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here

He was offering at a severely discounted rate, and claimed to be the friend of a CEGer IIRC.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Rouar:
then again, why would i send car parts all the way across the friggin country to be powdercoated when there's a powdercoating shop every few feet out here

He was offering at a severely discounted rate, and claimed to be the friend of a CEGer IIRC.

Not sure who he claimed, but I met him in Atlanta for a meet. "Was" a real nice down to earth guy, smart as hell. He had loads of repsect for almost anything, hell, I fixxed his broken shifter linkage and removed a seized oil plug from his car in a driveway at the meet in the 100 degree Atlanta sun, just after personally knowing him for 3 hours. And he still has my parts after over a year.

Side note: Frank has purchased a few items fromme WAY in the past, never had issues.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by CoupeofG6:
Originally posted by Rouar:

Not sure who he claimed, but I met him in Atlanta for a meet. "Was" a real nice down to earth guy, smart as hell. He had loads of repsect for almost anything, hell, I fixxed his broken shifter linkage and removed a seized oil plug from his car in a driveway at the meet in the 100 degree Atlanta sun, just after personally knowing him for 3 hours. And he still has my parts after over a year.

Side note: Frank has purchased a few items fromme WAY in the past, never had issues.

Awesome one habitual liar saying another liar is a stand-up guy! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!

P
Pole120 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SVT3391:
Originally posted by Pole120:
Classifeds post for floor mats by "Frank McGov" seems fishy...

You guys ...
I just picked up some good parts from him today. His last name is McGovern, and he lives in north Phily, PA. He has nothing to do with Frank McCoy. He is a merchanic at a Merc/Lincoln dealership. Very stand up type guy. I not only saw one but two Frank McGovern today. His dad also named Frank. Both very good guys.

He has a low miles 99 SVT for sale too. I believe it's only 53K miles. Looks sharp.

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard