Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I was under the dash chasing down a lost screw when I looked up and noticed a dangling plug. I pulled the dash cover and got this lovely view:

Anyway, the plug goes into a green box that is right behind the headlight/mirror control switches as seen in the pics below. The part number is 9zbb10e850ba, but as usual, I can't turn up squat with it. Anyone got a clue what this is? I'm not going to plug it back in until I find out what it is. As long as I've had the car I can only assume that it's been unplugged and has caused no problems.

Under dash view

Behind the dash switches

View of Plug

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Isnt that plug for the Obd2...

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Evo-Twin-blk:
Isnt that plug for the Obd2...

No, that's what I thought at first too, but that's bigger and lower down...

T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Anybody? Hell, make something up...

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tisby:
Anybody? Hell, make something up...

Well, I wont make something up but it appears ewok (I-Dom-In-8) might be on to something. I think it is a connector to the malfunction indicator warning system (not the plug for the OBDII scanner). I'm sure if you send the part number to Bill Jenkins, he will be able to tell you.

Is the CEL or airbag lights on when you disconnect it? Or is there beeping or chiming when you disconnect it?

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
It has always been disconnected since I purchased the car. There is no CEL or beepings associated with it. I'll bug Bill Jenkins...

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
That is considered the "Indicator Warning System, redundant warning module" and "Electronic Control Module Interface, 16 function (instrument panel interface module"

If you can get a better idea of the casting # on the part I can verify it. The one posted above does not match, it should be something close to 97BB-10E850-BA or 97BG-10E850-BA.

2000 Contour
F7RZ-10E850-BA List $62.92 CEG $46.85

Bill Jenkins Team Ford, Internet Parts Dept. 5445 Drexel Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89130 CLICK HERE to order parts Ford parts at wholesale prices

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard