Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
After changing brake pads and rotors all around and bleeding the brakes, I experienced brake shudder at high speeds. After turning the front rotors the shuddering improved. Now I am experiencing a sqeaking sound from the front brakes after the car sits for a bit. It goes away when I push in the brakes and goes away completely after a few stops. I relubed the back of the pads including everywhere it touches the housing with brake grease, and relubed the slider pins with dielectric grease. I still have the squeak. I'm starting to think that it could be master cylinder or booster related, since it seems like the caliper pistons are not returning correctly right away. Could this have happened if I drained too much fluid from the reservoir?

1998 Black CSVT, 75k mi
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Mine does the same for the first 2 or so stops. I just figured it is stuff unsetteling and/or condensation.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I would think so after a night outside, but I garage my car, and this happens after the car sits for only a short while. Its also more noticable in warmer conditions.

1998 Black CSVT, 75k mi
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
You are also in a fairly moist climate. Being in the garage isnt going to protect the car from humidity.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I think if that were the case, most peoples brakes would squeak.

1998 Black CSVT, 75k mi
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
My problem was actually with the rear brakes, not the front. I finally figured out to use the parking brake to check it. I relubed the slider pins with dielectric grease and discovered that the piston slots were not lined up properly. Live and learn...

1998 Black CSVT, 75k mi

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard