Next Thread
Print Thread
#1579477 05/28/06 12:17 AM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i just ordered a dual tone horn from BAT. this horn requires 2 connections (1 to each horn). how can i hook up another connection? is there a kit i can buy? will i have to splice and buy those connectors?

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
very easy, get some terminal adaptors and run a wire across the car to the second horn, really simple, the horns become wires in series ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by BrApple:
very easy, get some terminal adaptors and run a wire across the car to the second horn, really simple, the horns become wires in series ...

I just spliced in another connector when I added my 2 tone horn. Works fine.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
what do they sound like?

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
My CSVT had a connector and mounting holes just waiting for the second horn.

I purchased the Freeway Blasters and they are very loud.

They report them to be like 130db of sound.

The car came with a horn on the driver side only but the second horn mounts on the passenger side with very little modifications.

any 2 horn set should work.

One will be a "High" note while the other will be a "Low" note.

Good luck, it makes a big difference in sound.

Gary

The Drake Equation States: N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L Meaning That There Is A Good Chance That We Are Not Alone.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Those horns rock and I wish I had gotten them right after I purchased my car.

Here's what I did...
The factory connector is rectangular. I shaved the corners to make it more oval shaped so it would fit in a radio shack connector. That wire and another wire was crimped into the + connector for the 1st horn. That second wire was then connected to the + connector on the 2nd horn. I daisy-chained the grounds the same way and ended it with a ring connector. I sandwiched the ring between the frame and the horn mount. I used the factory L (or something) bracket.

Um... hope that makes sense.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
maybe a picture would help. i've only gotten more confused since i posted ths thread

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
These are the connectors I was talking about.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104016&cp=2032058.2032231.2032283&pg=2&parentPage=family

I'm not sure if the connectors need to be 1/4" or 3/8", but you could just take the horn in to a radio shack. So on each of the female connectors going to the possitive terminal on the horn, you'll want 2 wires crimped. My horn is currently out with the wiring attached... if I remember when I get home, I'll snap some pics.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard