2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by striker2:
Originally posted by converted_gm:
I am just wondering what the pro's con's of each are on a 3L turbo application that will be on my CSVT. Thanks in advance

Justin

well seeing as how a quaife is a torsen style limited slip i cant imagine either being a whole lot different from the other. the only thing maybe materials and workmanship

IIRC the Torsen is cheaper and MUCH easier to install.

Just want to know if it can hold as much power as the Quaife.

Honestly, I don't think so. Neither of them will break I don't think, but whether one wears out faster or not is the issue I'm talking about here. I'm going to give the nod to the Quaife because of the warranty they have which tells me they may build to a higher operational torque level. IDK for sure but having spoke with Torsen, they designed the T2 for the Focus SVT power, essentially stock SVT power. With the heavy power I was putting through it with the 3L Turbo, there was some increase in noise and there would be nothing that could be done. So the final prognosis is that the diff will hold the power but it may make more noise with the heavier torque loads.
So have no fear using it, but you HAVE to get good fluid for it.
I found that the Redline MT90 and the Torco RTF seemed to be the MOST Successful at keeping a nice sound in my diff during differentiation especially when it was hot out and the car was getting a workout.
MT90 is spec'd very close to the Ford Honey and I still have a sample downstairs that shows none the worse for wear having been used in my transmission. The shift feel wasn't as good as I'd like when the temps were cool though, so I went with the Torco RTF, almost by accident. It shifted awesome and offered even more protection being a safe GL5 fluid to use.

Last edited by warmonger; 05/29/06 03:27 PM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard