Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Circled in red...

Also, does that compressor look similar to yours? I checked Bill J's old site and it says that the F7DZ-19703-GB A/C compressor is used on the 98+ Contour, Escape, Focus, Freestar, Ranger, Taurus, Windstar, and Continental.

I think you can see what I'm getting at.

Plus, Procharged Contour has a nice ring to it.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
WTF!?!?!?

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Is that a GTO?

I can't give you an answer, but can say that a turbo charged zetec would be awesome.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
thats what im in the process of working on. although at the moment ive come to a stop due to money issues

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by striker2:
thats what im in the process of working on. although at the moment ive come to a stop due to money issues

Sweetness, take pics of the progress when you get started. That will be something I have to see.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Kerry2Kool4U:
Is that a GTO?

I can't give you an answer, but can say that a turbo charged zetec would be awesome.

looks like a focus, and that's a centrifugal supercharger, not a turbo.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yes, that's a Focus.

It's the Focus Procharger Kit with the C-1B Procharger. Check it out right here.

What's really interesting is that it's capable of 24psi with 1000CFM of flow. I'm thinking about dumping my current turbo parts and going with a Procharger.

So does the 98+ Contour Zetec have that bolt hole by the crank pulley? And does that AC compressor look familiar?

The price is steep but it would be able to bolt onto any of the Zetecs that I listed in my original post.

Originally posted by striker2:

Ditto. That's why I'm thinking of changing direction. With this, I would be at less risk of destroying my ATX. And it would be sooo easy to install. No custom Header, downpipe, etc.

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 05/26/06 05:31 AM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
if it isn't there might you be able to use the front cover off the focus engine that has the bolt hole there?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I think that is the same hole that is used to hold a shroud on behind the crank pulley. If it is then yes we have the same bolt hole.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
If someone could visually verify it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I checked on my Pre-98 and there isn't anything close. On the 98+ Zetecs, the whole front cover/oil pump was changed.

...now that I think of it... The way that the belt and supercharger are positioned, that standoff that is circled would be pushing down on the timing belt cover. All that I'd have to do is get a standoff that touches my oilpan and use some JB Weld to keep it from moving around.

BP

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard