Print Thread
#1578836 05/26/06 01:29 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
here is a link with some pics of the hose

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=550753201&security=NKfjNe

the hose is leaking from this connection.. YES i already took off the hose clamp.. umm.. it does not seem to want to go on, or off... is there a special ending on the metal pipe that prevents this from occuring easily?? how can I fix this?? I was thinking pull it off, cut it clean, and re clamp.. but before I possibly make a mistake... someone help! thanks..

ps.. it's 930pm, and rain is comming.. yes.. im an idiot.. help!

-Mike 96GL 2.0 Zetec CTA Intake SVT Exhaust
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I Believe That This Line Goes To The AC Dryer. It Needs A Proper Crimped Line There If I'm Not Mistaken. Trace That Line And Tell Us If It Goes To The AC Dryer Cannister Above The Picture You've Provided. I'm Probably Not The Best Person To Answer This Question Due To The Fact Ive Removed All AC Components And Lines And Haven't Seen Them In Three Years. But Give Us A Little More Information. Someone Who Owned The Car Previously Or Has Done Maintenance On The AC System May Have Taken A Shortcut To Fix A Leak, And The Temporary Fix Has Failed. Give Us A Few More Pictures And Information And I'm Sure We Can Help Quickl;y.

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Looks like either an automatic trans cooler line or a power steering cooler line. Yes, most such steel lines do have a "barb" or "flair" on the end to help keep them from slipping off.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
danke, yes it's an auto tranny line.. sorry I totally forgot to mention that. it's going in the tranny shop for it's check up.. since this is the 3rd tranny it's actually going to follow the maintaince sched. I managed to pull the tube down further to get a better seal.. but it still leaks a little, so I'll let them just replace the hose and flush the fluid.. if I can trust them to actually flush it.. it's so hard to find a good mechanic - thanks for all your help

-Mike 96GL 2.0 Zetec CTA Intake SVT Exhaust

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard