Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
My car's clear is starting to go on the edges of everything, and will look like crap in a lil bit once it continues to spread.

If anyone knows of a shop or have any connections let me know. I'm not looking for a 1000$ crap job but something around 3500$ I'm looking for a color change actually to some ford oem blue shade so the paint costs shouldnt be huge. If I have a few extra hundred dollars at the time I'd get stripes as well.

Any shop suggestions are appreciated.

ALSO

I used to know of a ship owner in the Cleveland area who used to post on here under the name DRAVEN, his real name was Todd. I'vew tried to PM him and use his email on here but it's very dated. He once offered a nice paint job price but now I can't find him. If anyone knows him let me know as well.

J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Never get a GOOD color change for that money. Most shops: $6000 for a full color change that is worth doing.

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'm interested as well if anyone knows of any nice shops. I wanna get my front hood and bumper repainted.

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I've never heard of a shop wanting 6000 for a color change unless u wanted some show quality finish on your split window sting-ray...

I'm juss saying I can pay more, just a baseline guesstimate..

J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Originally posted by djdanyloz:
I've never heard of a shop wanting 6000 for a color change unless u wanted some show quality finish on your split window sting-ray...

I'm juss saying I can pay more, just a baseline guesstimate..

OK, why would you want a color change without having it done perfectly? The SVT is alot of car to color change. You have to colpletely dissassemble the vehicle.....degrease everything....fix and imperfections....prime....block sand...prime again and spray contrast coat and block out one more time to make sure it is perfect then you lay base.....and it goes from there. At 65-75/hr labor rate plus the cost of materials...add it up. You want a halfasses paintjob go to Maaco....you want a color change be prepared to buck it up and spend some coin.

Maybe I am just weird about my paint....and I have had and still have some of the sickest painted vehicles around....

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
what if you dont want to do a color change, whats the idea price for that?

Black '00 CSVT #4 of 2150 K&N ru-3530, BAT MTF, Magnaflow exhaust, MSDS headers, and optimized y-pipe.
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Repaint on my Rex was just under 3K with a couple of door dings and a bumper rash.....

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Judge can you post or send me pics of your paint jobs? I have only seen the R1 which was insane and your SVT when you had it.

Thank,
Aaron
nvs_mystique@yahoo.ca
(there is an underscore between the s and the m)

Last edited by SVT SNOB; 05/28/06 06:13 PM.

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
If I remember to take some this weekend. I have recently had my Blazer and the WRX reshot...same color....just new paint.....

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Cool, thanks.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard