Next Thread
Print Thread
#1577638 05/24/06 09:31 AM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
So, around 4:30 or so in the morning I have a ritual. I drive around and watch the world wake up, as well as watch the sun rise. I love it, its just about the most relaxing thing in the world.

Well. This morning I went out to my car, to do just this. I start the car and put it in Reverse. It's a little hard to move, and I rationally think thats because its been awhile since I started her. So I gave her a few revs and let her sit. Then, tried again. Still had the friction, but this time I moved enough to notice that there was seriously something wrong. My front end was going up and down with the rotation of the tires. I figured this was an axel or something, and immediately was worried. I got out of the car, and looked at the wheels.

Both of my front tires had been slashed. I am beyond pissed.

I have no clue who would do this or why. As far as I know, I haven't pissed anyone off lately.

I don't really have the money to buy two new tires and probably two new rims. They're probably bent from all that pressure. I am so mad right now.

UGH.

Last edited by Preston 2.0; 05/24/06 09:32 AM.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I'm sorry to hear that some idiot slashed your tires!
WTH is wrong with people?
Hopefully your rims are OK!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
unfortunetly a criminal doesn't need a rational explanation. you may very well have not pissed anyone off, just wrong place and wrong time. sucks to hear though

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Man , I hate when people mess with someone elses property . Odds are that your wheels are OK . Now if you DROVE on them for a bit , then . But if you just backed-up a couple feet , they're probably fine .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Sorry to hear that. It pisses me off when people can not respect other peoples property. I took my mustang out for the first time and some idiot slashed my convertible top and stole some cheap @$$ stereo the car came with. I was so pissed. Sorry to hear the bad news.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Man , I hate when people mess with someone elses property . Odds are that your wheels are OK . Now if you DROVE on them for a bit , then . But if you just backed-up a couple feet , they're probably fine .

The most it was driven, was backwards about 15 feet, and forward onto the tow truck about another 8-9 feet. Guys who put the new tires on said the rims were fine. Although, they're dirty as Sh!t now.....looks like a combonation of grease and break dust. It's not attractive.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Princess Tong Po:
unfortunetly a criminal doesn't need a rational explanation. you may very well have not pissed anyone off, just wrong place and wrong time. sucks to hear though

~Andrew

Thats quite possible. A couple years back there was a series of tire slashings in a 2 block radius in my city. Went on for a couple weeks straight and then they finally caught the culprits...some middle school/high school kids who thought it was funny They had no idea who's cars they were even doing it to.

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Ouch!!!! That Sucks
Sorry to hear
I've had that done to me by dumm-a$$ middle school/high school kids who thought that crap was funny. So I know how ya feel!!!

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
that sucks, but be glad your tires arent $150 a piece! or more. still sucks though if you dont have the cash
i just spent $1100 on new tires, id die if someone did that to me

btw, youve got one hellavu interesting habit there...

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard