Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
looks like my rack is shot. im a broke college student. anyone gotten it done for cheap around here? i am in central CT

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Steering rack and cheap. I hate to say but I think your going to pay no matter where ya go. They need to drop your front subframe (fun) and the rack is going to be about 260 alone. I don't know what the book time is on that job, but at 75 bucks an hour, will add up.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i concur with previous comment, but on that note I had very good luck with Enfield Ford when I got my A/C system fixed, took two days, came in saturday and got part and installed monday, very perfesional also

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
my mechanic is estimating about 5 hours if there are no complications. he explained to me taking down the subframe and everything and i ordered the rack from teamfordparts for just under 260. i know its going to be expensive, but theres a big difference between the $700 i have and the $1000 i've heard of others paying, which i dont.

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard