Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
my girl just bought a new corrolla S. Nice car inside and out as well as stock GFX kit for the price. Personally, I wouldn't look at purchasing a corrolla unless it was the Sport. The regular corrolla is just to plain jane.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
This is a pretty tasty kit:

[img]
]http://www.andysautosport.com/images/detailed_product/exterior/body_kits/body_kit_component/03_upcorollas1.gif[/img]

Oh my....that's little...at 6'3 230....there's No way i'll fit in a car like that
But To each his own.
Congats!!!!!

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by RialKnight:

Oh my....that's little...at 6'3 230....there's No way i'll fit in a car like that
But To each his own.
Congats!!!!!

actually the corolla S has more front hip room and front head room than the SVT. The Corolla S does give 1.5 inches less on leg room. But if you don't feel cramped in the SVT than you should be fine in a Corolla S. Oh yeah, the Corolla S also has more rear legroom and rear shoulder room than the SVT.

so WAY ! You can fit

99 SVT Black/Midnight 1462 out 2760
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I concur about the Corolla being roomier than the Contour. I traded a 1999 SE Sport with a Duratec for a fully loaded '05 Corolla LE, and I can personally attest to the fact that the Corolla has a bigger interior in almost every dimension. The trunk in a Corolla is huge also, more useful space than in a Contour.

I don't regret my decision one bit. My Corolla has several nicities the Contour didn't, however, my Corolla is atypical. Mine cost almost 20k, whereas the average Corolla sells for between 16k and 17k. All those extras like 15" Alloys, ABS, Sunroof, Cruise, Power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless, 6 disc in-dash CD, etc. really increased the price, but they make it a really nice economy car. It consistantly gets 38mpg highway, 29 city. I'd replace it with another before I'd buy a Focus.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by red99sesport:
I concur about the Corolla being roomier than the Contour. I traded a 1999 SE Sport with a Duratec for a fully loaded '05 Corolla LE, and I can personally attest to the fact that the Corolla has a bigger interior in almost every dimension. The trunk in a Corolla is huge also, more useful space than in a Contour.

I don't regret my decision one bit. My Corolla has several nicities the Contour didn't, however, my Corolla is atypical. Mine cost almost 20k, whereas the average Corolla sells for between 16k and 17k. All those extras like 15" Alloys, ABS, Sunroof, Cruise, Power windows, locks, mirrors, keyless, 6 disc in-dash CD, etc. really increased the price, but they make it a really nice economy car. It consistantly gets 38mpg highway, 29 city. I'd replace it with another before I'd buy a Focus.

Congats!!!!!
20K for all that isn't bad at all!!!

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
S
sail114 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
The only mod i'll be doing to the Corolla is to put some rims and larger tires on it. I'm not excessivey happy with the way the stock tires handle (they are pretty small at 185/65/15r). My logic for buying it was this: either I could put a couple grand into the contour over the next year (new clutch, struts, various other parts), or i could cut my losses, sell it and buy something new. Considering I was able to drive off the lot with a brand new Corolla CE (yah, i know it's the base model with no options) for under $13k. I love my Contour, have grown attached to it (owned it since day 1), but it's not the most reliable thing on the road, and I knew that it was only a matter of time before I was going to have to pay some serious cash to keep it up.

The corolla may not be the most exciting thing on the road, but now I have a car that I won't have to worrry about for quite some time... and that's what I was looking for.

Everyone's got their own reasons I guess. Of course, until I sell my contour, I'm still having my fun

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Did I mention the tire pressure monitoring, the service reminder system, variable intermittant wipers, the automatic headlights, the DRL, the split folding rear seats, front seatbelt pretensioners, two powerpoints, a self dimming mirror with compass, an outside temperature indicator, simulated woodgrain trim, a bi-level console with fabric armrest, and an engine immobilizer.

That is a lot of car for 20k, which is why I chose it over a Civic, a Focus, a Cobalt, or a Sentra.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I think I'm turning Japaneese as well. Seriously considering turning in my SVT for a street legal go-kart called Fit. That's blasphemy to some of you I'm sure. But you can't really argue with 38+ Mpg.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I say great buy. My ex girlfriend picked up a corrolla and it is pretty nice. You will enjoy it and it will last forever.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RialKnight:
But To each his own.
Congats!!!!!

I have a friend who is 6'4" and bought himself a Corolla S (older model, 2002). Granted he's a lot thinner than you (165) but with the seat all the way back he has no problem fitting in the car.

I sat in an '06 Corolla and found it a little uncomfortable for me since the steering wheel was at a really low angle and the seat was too high for my legs. Do the steering wheels have tilt? My friend's '02 is a lot more comfortable since you're sitting slightly lower.

It's a good car, and very reliable. Congrats, sail114!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard