Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
sail114 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
After owning my Contour for 6 years now, its soon time to say goodbye. I bought myself a 2006 Corolla for my birthday yesterday. Got a great deal on it, and simply couldn't resist. Its going to be quite a change of pace going from a 5spd Contour with plenty of power and handling to a 4cyl compact with tepid handling. The reasons were plenty, but mainly had to do with the fact that I've put 117k on my 'Tour and the repairs were starting to stack up. Also, living in the city I was getting around 22mpg on a regular basis. It'll be a nice change of pace getting in the 30's. So anyway, time for some cheap transportation.

I'll probably still be around until I sell my Contour, and will become a troll after that

My 'tour is in the classified page, so if anyone's looking...

Its been a great ride!

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I would rather die in a fire than drive something so boring to save a couple hundred bucks a tear. To each his own.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tod "choco vag" ras:
I would rather die in a fire than drive something so boring to save a couple hundred bucks a tear. To each his own.

To each his own indeed.

Thing about the Toy, he can mod it so it is more exciting to drive. Now as far as looks, I dunno what's available for those, but I'm willing to bet he's got more options than with the Contour. Not a bad trade IMHO, just not for everybody.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
This is a pretty tasty kit:

[img]
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/detailed_product/exterior/body_kits/body_kit_component/03_upcorollas1.gif[/img]

They used it on Pimp my ride. I'm not nuts about the skirts but the stock skirts on an "S" model might work.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

To each his own indeed.

Thing about the Toy, he can mod it so it is more exciting to drive. Now as far as looks, I dunno what's available for those, but I'm willing to bet he's got more options than with the Contour. Not a bad trade IMHO, just not for everybody.

so you sell a fun car to save money on gas and buy a boring car to spend money to make it fun.. Clearly intelligence at work.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I'll take that over spending money to keep a car normal

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tourgasm:

instead you'll put the money into the finance of a new car..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

To each his own indeed.

so you sell a fun car to save money on gas and buy a boring car to spend money to make it fun.. Clearly intelligence at work.

Depends on your perspective. He wouldn't HAVE to spend money on the Toy, it would be by choice. Driving a less efficient car he would have no choice about the added expense - it is inherent in the vehicle.

Why to you care what he drives anyway? You don't? OK, so you're just b#%^$(&g. Let it go, man.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by Tourgasm:

instead you'll put the money into the finance of a new car..

Are you saying we should never buy new cars?

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M

Apparentl you missed the part about the repairs stacking up as a major driving force.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard