Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Good place to live?

Possible relocation opportunity in the next 18-months. Housing appears more affordable than the bay-area so that is a huge plus but my so-cal knowledge is very lite.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
It is pretty down there. Lots of military presence everywhere.

3L process done
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I spend 6 hours a day in Carlsbad for school so I can say that I have a pretty good feel for the area. If you live west of the 5 fwy then it is not really any less expensive than most of the Bay area (similar to San Mateo, Palo Alto, Mill Valley, etc...). It is a upscale coastal town south of Oceanside and the marine base. It is at the very northern end of San Diego and that makes it hard to really go out at night to find things to do. To go Downtown or to Pacific Beach (the main nightlife spots) takes anywhere from 45 min - 1 hour. The attitudes can be a little snotty at times with a lot of rich housewives in town shopping during the day.

However, if you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet town that has lots of little shops on the coast, then it could be very good for you.

What are you looking for? PM me for any specifics and I'd be happy to give my opinions and/or recommendations.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
chris your gonna move????? btw, I have that rim, let me know when to drop it off

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
chris your gonna move????? btw, I have that rim, let me know when to drop it off

Johnny,

you are welcome to bring it by and drop it off anytime. My Patio is always open if I'm not home. Work has been brutal as of late.

Firm is seriously looking at opening a 2nd office in So-Cal. When and if it ever opens is still a mystery.....

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Dude, u can't leave me!

Totally sold out for a 90 GT vert.... 1/4 mile is almost the same as my modded svt w/n2o was...
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by path914:
I spend 6 hours a day in Carlsbad for school so I can say that I have a pretty good feel for the area. If you live west of the 5 fwy then it is not really any less expensive than most of the Bay area (similar to San Mateo, Palo Alto, Mill Valley, etc...). It is a upscale coastal town south of Oceanside and the marine base. It is at the very northern end of San Diego and that makes it hard to really go out at night to find things to do. To go Downtown or to Pacific Beach (the main nightlife spots) takes anywhere from 45 min - 1 hour. The attitudes can be a little snotty at times with a lot of rich housewives in town shopping during the day.

However, if you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet town that has lots of little shops on the coast, then it could be very good for you.

What are you looking for? PM me for any specifics and I'd be happy to give my opinions and/or recommendations.

I lived in carlsbad for a little over a year, and have spent alot of time there over the years, and path nailed it pretty much on the head.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yeah, all those military people get on my damn nerves!

98' CSVT #1578 of 6535 Born July 3rd, 1997 My Ride Others: 98 Grand Am GT (For Sale) 02 Firebird
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by DarthMuppet:
Yeah, all those military people get on my damn nerves!

Lmao... seriously

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard