Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
well i have good news and bad news, good news for you/bad news 4 me is that im going to sell my 'Tour soon, my bad news is that two of my windows are messed up. the drivers window sometimes doesnt want to go down, and if i press "up", it goes down..... wtf lol and when it does go down if i press down again i hear a clicking sounds from where the window relay is located.... the other window is the back pass window... if i try to put it down, i hear a grinding noise and it gets stuck like 1/2 inch down... what could be causing those problems??? if anything i will order the parts tommorrow at work bcuz i can get the windiow lift motor for about $40 lifetime warranty and i just got my two CV joints changed for $50 plus $40 each CV joint lol i love messing with prices.... and i also ordered my KYB GR2 struts for $50 each from my job also... we are ready in advance lol

someone please help me since i am trying to sell the car in perfect condition...

thanks,
Robert

Mods- SVT Kit, SVT Dual Exhaust, SVT Struts & Eibach's, H.I.D's, CTA Intake, Hightowered headlamps. My 'Tour Car Club- www.HiProfileCc.com
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Try this for the switch issue.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1226717&Forum=trouble&Words=window&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1226717&Search=true#Post1226717

Originally posted by unisys12:
Originally posted by unisys12:
If anyone has a spare driver side window control panel, I would like you PM me with prices. One of the switches on mine has died, so... I will try to fix it first, but have been wanting to install blue LED's in all switches for a long time now. So I might go ahead and do that when I replace this switch assy.

Give me a holla!!

Nevermind guys... I was able to fix the switch assy, so I will not be needing this anymore.

for the inquiring minds... The contacts were a little dirty, so I took the switch apart and took 2000 grit sand paper to the contacts. Frist tear off a really thin/narrow piece, fold it in half so that you have sandpaper on both sides, placed it between the contacts and pulled it out. For the top contacts, you have to push down the front switch and place the sandpaper between the contacts. Release the switch and pull the paper out. Repeat for the rear contacts. Of course, to clean the bottom contacts you have to place the paper between the contacts and press the switch.

Anyway... Works like a champ!

and read this.
http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=12

and regulator replacement
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1213453&Forum=trouble&Words=window&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1213453&Search=true#Post1213453

Last edited by Tony2005; 05/18/06 01:42 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard