Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MrFord Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I'm looking to upgrade my sound system setup in my newly aquired 99 SVT, and I'm looking for some advices from you guys.

On my Topaz, I had 4 Pioneer speakers, 2 220W 6�½ in front and 2 220W 6x8" in the back, and with my Blaupunk HU, it sounded nice, but I'm looking for a better all-around system for the 'Tour.

My HU is a Pioneer DEH-P770MP whose RMS output is rated at 22Wx4.
After reading many posts here, I choosed to buy (not done yet, but will be soon) 2 sets of Infinity Kappa 682.7cf speakers for both front and back to replace the stock speakers. Or would it really worth the hassle to go for a set of 6�½ components in the front with a mounting bracket ?
I may go for a 600W 4-channel Pioneer GM-6200F or something equivalent too.

Also, I think about installing a rear deck sub, not something to blast out every screws that hold the trunk, but to relieve the speakers and give a better sound, some basic 8". I like the setup pictured here but I found this all-in-one box on eBay. Would I better go for a separate amp and sub (or maybe 2x8" subs) ?

Your thoughts on that

'99 T-Red Contour SVT '95 Mystique GS - 2.5L V6 ATX '94 Topaz GS - 3.0L V6 MTX - Gone since Feb. 06 www.tempotopaz.com
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
In my humble opinion, those speakers (infinity) plus that amp would be nice. Most people send 2 channels to the front speaker, bridge the rears to the sub, and run the rear door of the HU. That's what I did for a long time, until I got another amp for free for the rear doors. Check out the rear sub mount in the group buy section, it lets you mount a 10" sub to the rear deck. Many people seem happy with it.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard