Print Thread
#1572821 05/17/06 04:12 AM
P
Pugulis Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Let me first update what has been happening. My car is a 98 contour with 2.5 and atx. I bought the car with the check engine light on. Since I got the car the tranny has been downshifting and upshifting randomly, but only sometimes. I finally read the codes and replaced the vss. I also replaced the tss. It was the vss that was thowing the code. I also changed out the tranny fluid. It seemed to be ok for less than a day. then it started doing the same thing. Now today my check engine light came on again today with a P0708 Transmission Range Sensor circuit High Input. I don't know what this is or if it would cause the problem. I'm pretty much convinced it's not mechanical because when I disconnect the Inhibitor switch multiplug the car will drive in third gear but it doesn't slip out of gear or anything else strange. Please help, I don't want to take my car to a tranny shop!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
TR sensor aka MLPS is a possibility.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
P
Pugulis Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Just wanted to post an update. I replaced the MLPS and the tranny shifts great. I should have done this weeks ago, but part of me was afraid that if it didn't work I would be looking at a new tranny. Thanks to everyone for there help with this.

This is the final step in seeing if it's really fixed. Because you all know that things are always fixed until you say they are, and then they stop working again. So now that I've said it, let's see if it's still working in the morning.

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard