Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Measuring NEW BAT LCA:

Originally posted by martinst:
I've just measured the origional ford wishbone ( new ones are the same )

The passenger side - ( UK )
Ford part No- 120398 97BG-3051-AA P822X

Distance between bushes - 283mm ( centre to centre )

Confirmed.

Distance between centre of front bush to centre of wheel pivot pin - 340mm

Confirmed.

Distance between centre of rear bush to centre of wheel pivot pin - 365mm.

CONFIRMED!!

Looks like these will fit US spec Contiques & Cougars if the ball joint pin is the same diameter. If not, I suppose a US spec ball joint could be installed easy enough...

Who's gonna be first?

Martin, willing to ship a set to the new world?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Bradness:
There is no rubber or poly so expect them to be very harsh.

Bradness is referencing the Cougar arms here. Just wanted that to be clear. Although the Cougar arm may be a bit harsh, I see the potential for those to significantly reduce wheel hop. Any reports on that aspect of the Cougar arms??

The Mondy arm measures out same as the Contique arms and appears to have ample bushing material at the subframe connections to absorb vibration, impacts, road irregualarity shocks, & other stresses.

I started a reply about the Mondy arms & then double checked what I was responding to because Bradness is so rarely wrong. Sure as shootin', he's right & I was goin' off half cocked.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Still no love for us 4 bolters...

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
If anyone needs any communication with deflex and want me to sort out a set for them give me a pm and I'll see what I can do !!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ohsigmachi:
Still no love for us 4 bolters...

I know

Sorta related to this, the Mondeo ST200 4-bolts are identical to the ones off my SVT, down to the part number stamped on them even.

So... if there's anyone making stuff for the ST200, us 4-bolters can use em.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Hey Chris. What measurements do you want? I only have 4 bolt arms.

My guess is that they're the same.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Bradness:
There is no rubber or poly so expect them to be very harsh.

Bradness is referencing the Cougar arms here. Just wanted that to be clear. Although the Cougar arm may be a bit harsh, I see the potential for those to significantly reduce wheel hop. Any reports on that aspect of the Cougar arms??

The Mondy arm measures out same as the Contique arms and appears to have ample bushing material at the subframe connections to absorb vibration, impacts, road irregualarity shocks, & other stresses.

I started a reply about the Mondy arms & then double checked what I was responding to because Bradness is so rarely wrong. Sure as shootin', he's right & I was goin' off half cocked.

Now I haven't worked on A arms for any Cougars, but aren't they the same as those for the Contours? Did all Cougars come with 2 bolt arms or were there any that came with 4 bolt arms?

Also, my experience with boxed Stock A arms is that they do in fact reduce transaxle destroying "wheel hop". Only problem is I do all the work of reinforcing and then lightening them and the damn bushings go in a couple of years.

Need a poly solution... and I'm still searching for bushings which will be a direct fit!

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I'm going to buy one set of these control arms for my 99 SVT (or at least try!). I'm not planning to install my turbo 3L until fall, but I can work out the suspension and brake issues now with the stock drivetrain.

If this turns out OK for me and there is enough interest, I may be willing to serve as a group-buy coordinator. But donââ?¬â?¢t hold your breathe on this ââ?¬â?? The earliest I can start a group buy will be July with parts delivery in August.

I absolutely want to test these on my own car first before getting others involved.

BUT�if someone else wants to start a group buy earlier�I�m in!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
You talkin' for the Cougar tubular arms or the Mondeo arms?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
You talkin' for the Cougar tubular arms or the Mondeo arms?

Aftermarket Mondeo arms (see the first picture at top of post).

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard