Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Following the instructions from ADC I crushed closed the end of the EGR tube that previously ran to the rear manifold. They say the EGR system is not used on a turboed contour. Doing this leaves the two tubes that lead to the differential pressure feedback sensor just hanging there. What should be done with these guys? Are they a vaccum source and require plugging?

I hope this is clear enough...if not I can try to explain it more clearly.

Adam

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just left mine open hanging there.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I still have my DPFE hoses plugged into the EGR tube (which is crushed at the low end). From the top, everything looks copasetic.

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Make sure you DISCONNECT and block the green hose (with a bolt RTV'd into the little elbow connector) that goes to your EGR just in case (it isn't fully turned off in your tune), otherwise it may open the EGR and suck in fresh air if you leave it connected.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Wow! I take offense to that stance. ADC is way wrong in this.

EGR isn't used at WOT throttle ANYWAY so it won't be affected by the turbo other than you need to clamp the hoses on tight so they aren't blown off by the higher exhaust pressure!

Also, I maintained a fully operational EGR and catalytic converter all the years I owned my car!
I may like to go fast but when daily driving the car was somewhat environmentally responsible. As far as power....you can still make plenty of power with that hardware!#E*&#^*%

How many people without cats on their car were exceeding the power I had??? Answer is few.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I still run a cat if it makes you feel better.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

It does. Unless its broken and someone can't afford a quality replacement (that much of a brokedick), or if you prove that it is a performance inhibit that you can't work around (i.e. real racing) then it should be in there and a criterion for design.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Stazi:
I still run a cat if it makes you feel better.

So do I... Just no EGR, as it wasn't offered with the kit. So stop yelling at us!

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by warmonger:
EGR isn't used at WOT throttle ANYWAY so it won't be affected by the turbo other than you need to clamp the hoses on tight so they aren't blown off by the higher exhaust pressure!

I have yet to see a set of DPFE tubes that haven't partially melted themself to the metal tube ... they are a [censored] to remove and I don't see them being "blown" off.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thank you again everyone.

Stazi, even with the metal tube smashed realllll good with rtv inside of it, I should still remove the green tube from the top of the egr and plug it?

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard