Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1570388 05/13/06 12:17 AM
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I was wondering if there is a way i can change the colour of the dash lighting e.g above the stereo (off,heat,etc)instead of it lighting up green if i can change it to blue?

#1570389 05/13/06 12:29 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
why are you cross posting.. i already answered your question in the other thread, SEARCH... USE THE FAQ's...

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1570390 05/13/06 01:12 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
you didn't exactly answer his question...but i'm sure he appreciates your help...

Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by LGR Mystique:
I was wondering if there is a way i can change the colour of the dash lighting e.g above the stereo (off,heat,etc)instead of it lighting up green if i can change it to blue?

Search in Asthetics

you should search in aesthetics (the search function is really handy, learn to use it), but i did it real quick for you, is this what you're talking about?
white face HVAC
FAQ

one more...this one might help a little better

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
#1570391 05/15/06 01:40 AM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:
you didn't exactly answer his question...but i'm sure he appreciates your help...

[/url]

tourige is always an ass with his help, you should know this

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
#1570392 05/16/06 09:19 PM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I decided not to make a whole new thread for my similiar question. I already searched the Forums and FAQ's and couldn't find what I need.

I want to change the color of my speedo/fuel/temp gauges from green to blue. I need to know how many bulbs I need, what voltage, and what kind work best. Also, I want to change my needle color from that ....whatever color it is, to red. Again, what kind/voltage works best.

Most likely I will not be able to do this myself, so I am also curious if a normal shop would be able to do this for me?

Sorry If I sound like a helpless n00b, I am

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
#1570393 05/16/06 11:51 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Purple95LX:
I decided not to make a whole new thread for my similiar question. I already searched the Forums and FAQ's and couldn't find what I need.

I want to change the color of my speedo/fuel/temp gauges from green to blue. I need to know how many bulbs I need, what voltage, and what kind work best. Also, I want to change my needle color from that ....whatever color it is, to red. Again, what kind/voltage works best.

Most likely I will not be able to do this myself, so I am also curious if a normal shop would be able to do this for me?

Sorry If I sound like a helpless n00b, I am

Simply changing the bulbs is not going to achieve the results you're after. The green tint to your gauges is a translucent layer that's permanently applied to the back side of the gauges. To remove it, you have to pull your gauges, remove the needles, CAREFULLY seperate and remove the faces from the gauge itself, then break out the elbow grease. You'll have to scrape the green off the back of the overlays using steel wool or something similar.

If you just change the bulbs, they won't be bright enough to overpower the green. As far as the needles go, if your 'Tour isn't an SVT, then the needle has a white backing painted on the underside of it. To change the color of the needle you have to scrape off the white and either paint is or use vinyl in the color of your choice. You can change the lighted color of the needle with colored bulbs however.

Just be very aware that if you remove the needles from your gauges, they will all have to be recalibrated when you put them on again. With the speedo and tach you can't just mark where they point then stick them back on again pointing at the same spot, but that method SHOULD work with the temp and fuel gauge. Just make sure you make your mark with the power completely off.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1570394 05/16/06 11:58 PM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
*sigh* It can never be easy, can it? haha.

Thank you very much for the info!

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
#1570395 05/18/06 12:41 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Also, I would check out group buy right now, and search in there. For a decent price you can get yourself any color for your tach, hvac, etc.

cheers/

98 T-Red CSVT
#1570396 05/18/06 11:17 PM
J
J
go to importIntelligence.com in our links on the main site I got a guage/hvac face color change there and mine light up blue now.

99' Ford Contour SE I4 t-red debadged upgraded speakers and head unit
#1570397 05/18/06 11:40 PM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Do they look alright? Could you post pictures? And I'm guessing that to change the color on THOSE you would just change the bulbs...?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard