Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Yep, I'm looking to buy a CSVT again. I've missed mine ever since I got rid of it and am hoping to find one to my liking again in the NW. If anyone knows of any nice low mile 1999's or 2000's I'd be interesed in hearing about them. I know I'm getting picky too, but I'd like a red one again. I'd think about anything that you guys send my way though.

Thanks,

Rob

Maybe I'll actually come back to CEG more often then once a year.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
There's two silver one's on craigs list.One in portland and one in vancouver.

99 SVT STOCK
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Hey, long time no see! Glad to hear you'll be coming back again! I'll keep my eyes open for a car for ya.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Hey Qbert it's great to hear from you, & I'm sure we'll all be on the look out for your "new" CSVT.

-Aaron

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Hey Rob! Good to see you back. I see you on ICQ occasionally, but you log off before I can get a message in usually.

How far are you willing to go to pick up an SVTC, if it's the right car?

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
There's a red CSVT for sale in Henderson/Las Vegas.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
A buddy told me today there's a t-red w/ low miles for sale in Idaho now also, might be on e bay.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Thanks for the help so far guys. I saw the one posted in Idaho, I was just a little bummed about the rear bumper on it so I decided not to go after it. I've dealt with getting my rear bumper on my old one replaced, Ford wants $1100 for them.

I'm willing to go just about anywhere to get the right car. No offence to all you silver or black car owners out there, the cars are great, I just really liked my TRed. If I haven't found what I'm looking for in the next month or so I may open my search up a little bit more. For now I'm content just waiting. Though the longer I wait to buy this the longer it takes me to get the turbo for my Focus.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Rob, two questions: 1) If you're going to all the expense and bother of putting a turbo into your Focus, are you going to keep the same engine that's in it now and not go up to a 3.0L at the same time? I appreciate a 2.3T and a 3.0T should be in different racing classes.

And 2) Either way, can you post something here for us telling us dates/times/places to catch you racing that little beast when you're finished?

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Well the Focus isn't going to cost too much to turbo right now. By my calculations I'll spend under 1000 to do it by selling some stuff that I have laying around here and parts that are not needed with the turbo on the focus (ie, header, intake, etc.). I'll make about 200whp, maybe as much as 230whp with 8psi on the Focus. The problem with the Focus right now is that it spins well into 2nd gear with the Torsen and sticky 225's on it with only 160whp.

Also, the wife will be driving the CSVT for the most part. She wants something sexy and reliable. So a turbo contour isn't the answer, I'd concider a 3L. I guess the mileage isn't so much of an issue at that point as long as the car is in good shape. A turbo contour is out of the question for reliability reasons though.

And just for the hell of it, I'll whore a picture...damn she was sexy!

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard