Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Still in production??? I've searched many different forums/websites and I've e-mailed them and never got a response. It seems like a nice piece. I'm also researching about the WeaponR 4-1 Cougar instead because a few places stock those at reasonable cost.

'96 Contour - Zetec/MTX 130+k mi. White/tan Tints, 2.25" custom magnaflow catback, tach cluster '86 Mustang SVO Red/Sunroof 80k orig. Needs work Cone filter, E6 Manifold, '01 16" Pony Wheels
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I know nothing about the ZXtuner header, but I do have the WR SS 4-1, which is very nice. The downstream O2 sensor was a tight fit, but no biggie.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by WhiteTour96:
Still in production???

What d'ya mean? The product is still offered for both ZXs and Cougars on their Web site. They actually used to include a scroll-down option "For Contours" b4, but took it down - they never thought about the need to modify the down-pipe.

As far as their reply to your e-mail is concerned - that happened before. The guy who owns it, forgot-his-first-name Green is often tardy with response. Try to call 'em if their numbers are on the Web site.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
951-784-9603

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
i've got the zxtuner header on mine, it works well if you have alot of other mods but if you only have a few engine mods you get a very marginal gain in power for quite a bit of money IMHO.

your better off spending the money on getting a decent intake manifold on a zetec, that is the real restriction on power.

the standard exhaust manifold flows quite well if you remove all the EGR and pulse crap from it.

W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
What intake mani??? You can't port the stock one right? Since it's plastic. Maybe a 2-piece Focus intake manifold? I can't see how my exhaust manifold flows decent especially with that huge cat converter attached to it with over 130k miles. Do the Mondeo's have a diffent manifold setup? I was over at the Cougar boards and a guy from overseas posted pics of his downpipe and it was totally different compared to the US spec. The cat was underneath the engine right before the flex pipe. If that matters

'96 Contour - Zetec/MTX 130+k mi. White/tan Tints, 2.25" custom magnaflow catback, tach cluster '86 Mustang SVO Red/Sunroof 80k orig. Needs work Cone filter, E6 Manifold, '01 16" Pony Wheels

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard