Originally posted by SVT Barge in 07:
Especially when the driver needs to learn how to do smokey launches... get practicing.. it's the key to world domination.

And the lowest Stage 2 STI i've seen is like 12.5-12.6 which would be Mid-12's :-P

Faster on the highway though... stupid gear ratios...not to mention bigger engine and turbo.. cheater.

The lowest out-of-the-box Stage 2 STi I've seen ran a 12.5 uncorrected. Considering that I picked up another 20 hp and 45 ft-lbs when it was pro-tuned, the tuner was estimating that if I can drive it well, it should gain .1-.2 seconds in the quarter. 'Course, it's all just supposition. The proof will be on a timeslip, if I can drive the bloody thing well enough. Remember those taller gears we were talking about...?

Hey, I can do smokey launches with the best of 'em. Only, MY smoke comes from the clutch.

ZenTroll --The original Subaru troll!-- Minneapolis, MN '04 Subaru 'You. Outside. Now.' (Stg II+) '78 Camaro Z-28 (406 ci w/lots of fun bits) '05 Yamaha R1 '03 Suzuki SV1000S "Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?"