Next Thread
Print Thread
A
acammer Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
So, Friday I took the SVT to a local track to make a few passes and see what I could get this car to do. I was hoping for 15.3-15.5. Well, I couldn't hit that... best run was 15.77 @ 89.86 mph. 60' times were a nightmare, nothing better than a 2.476... most were 2.5xx. I made about 8 passes in all.

Heres why the 60' was so bad, I really had to baby the car off the line. First pass, I launched about 2600rpm, lower than my usual street launch rpm, just to feel the additonal traction at the strip out. (All launches were made without a burnout, I went around the waterbox each time) BOGGG. 16.0 with like 90mph trap speed. Ok, the powers there, gotta get it off the line this time.

Second pass... launch rpm was around 3500... close to my aggressive street launch rpm, but I don't wanna go crazy on the tranny just yet. Used my usual slip and throttle aggresive launch style, it resulted in some pretty scray wheel hop, so I got right out of the throttle... I can't afford to break this thing right now. Caught second... then went for third, but couldn't pull the car out of second. Linkage was jammed... must have been with the aggresive launch combinded with worn out motor mounts. I managed to get it out of gear and working right by the time I'd coasted to the end of the track.

The rest of the night I just walked it off the line at 2500 or so, non-aggressive, no secondaries till it was underway... which resulted in a bog every time, and terrible 60' times. But the trap speeds were always greater than 88mph, usually > 89.5mph. So, the power is there... but I can't put it down yet. Pole roll restictors just made the top of the mod list.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
yep, a poly roll restrictor for the front will help the most. I don't believe the solid rear restrictor is worth the harshness IMO. I have a solid rear and I compared it with a new rear, and there was no significant change to launch characteristics but it was a lot smoother with a new stock rear mount. You be the judge though.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard