Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1566697 05/08/06 03:27 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Just bought a CSVT from a dude out in Monticello. It is in pretty good condition besides a few exterior blemishes, but it is an amazing car. I have always wanted one and now I finally have one. I am in the Lakeville area and I work at the airport so I travel on Cedar/77 a lot. So yeah, I look forward to meeting some of ya'll sometime soon. Hopefully at the next Minnesota meet, whenever that may be... Later dudes and dudettes. - Scott Perry

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Congrats on the new buy! Any mods done or was it owned by an old lady like mine was.

99 SVT Black/Midnight 1462 out 2760
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You should post some pics. Oh yea, welcome.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
It has a B&M short throw, clear corners, a CAI...even tho its not really cold air...and two mufflers on the back. Don't know what kind of mufflers they are, but they don't sound too bad, not ricey at all and they aren't that loud. I went through and replaced the headlights, foglights, and turned the turn signals from blue back to amber. Changed the oil yesterday with Mobile 1 synthetic and I will be changing the tranny fluid here in a bit as soon as I figure out which combination of fluids to use. I will get some pics up as soon as the weather gets nice and I clean it again. It rained today...

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
How much did you pay for it? I'm looking to buy an SVT this summer, and I could probably sell my current Contour for around $2,500...Just wanna make sure I'm not out of my league.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Just for frame of reference, I put down 2500 on the first SVT w/ a 5k loan. That was a pretty good asking price on the svt.

Second svt I put down a little more....

5k on a four year loan boils down to like 134 a month, which is really do-able.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
ooooh. Yeah, thats not bad at all. Considering with my new job I'll be making $300 a week. Only other bills are cell phone, insurance, and rent.

Should be saving that up for College in the fall, but the chance at owning ANYTHING SVT is worth it.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I paid $4500 for it. The car itself is in pretty great condition cosmetically and the engine bay is very clean considering its a Minnesota car and its a 98. There is only one noticealbe blemish on the rear passenger door. Mechanically, there is a slight grind into 3rd gear, which is the next thing on the list as far as fixes go. I will be saving up for a Terry Haines rebuild. Should be fun....haha. This is an amazing little car tho. It has power and pull no matter where it is in the powerband. It accelerates nicely on the highway in fifth gear. I have to keep checking the speedo all the time cuz it seems I am going slower then I really am. My advice, if you can afford it, then definitely go for it. I am on a two year loan through my bank at an interest rate of 4.75. Payment is 196 and insurance is 104 a month. It is actually quite affordable and the gas mileage is pretty great considering its performance and the fact that it runs premium. Good luck man, I would go for it if you can handle it financially.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'm in between boosting the car I have now, and the SVT. I have alot of plans for my current car if I plan to keep it. Major drawbacks of my current car are the Automatic transmission and the lack of a sunroof, that as far as I'm aware the SVT has.

My problem, is finding an SVT to buy. Especially in a state like Iowa.

Also, getting a loan. I have horrible credit.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
By boosting you mean turbo/supercharging it? If that is what you meant, why don't you just save the money from that and put that towards a CSVT? If you aren't worried to drive a lil bit and have a good friend, then you can search within like 200 miles of Iowa. They are out there, trust me, I was looking for a long time. I was ready to fly down to Georgia and drive one back up, but then I bought the one I have now. I guess it is kinda different for me cuz I can fly for free...but the point is, they are out there if you look hard enough. Right now, I am saving to get my tranny rebuilt from Terry Haines. Should be a few weeks of saving but it will be worth it when I get it back. And who knows how to post pics on here? I am assuming I need to get an imageshack account and then type in some html codage...but let me know if there is an easier way. , if you know of one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard