Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1566679 05/08/06 02:03 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
STI all the way..

STI more practical, you can drive it in the winter, 4 doors more room.. etc

350Z.. Ugly unless you shave off the dumbo sized door handles.. ugly body kits.. ugly mods and Zero practicality..

if it was a fair comparison it would be between Infinity G35 and STI

I've seen tons of G35's with Winter Tires booting to work in the winter
... 350z Zero

but hey thats my opinion

cheers
Martin

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
#1566680 05/08/06 08:12 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
STI all the way..

<snip>
if it was a fair comparison it would be between Infinity G35 and STI

<snip>

this is a much more fair comparision of an apple and an orange.

The STI you can still live with as a DD. I've rode in both a 350, and an STI... the 350, is cramped, no storage space, outward visibility esp. towards the sides is poor... I didn�t think the quality of interior materials was on par with say an audi or even vw... not by a long shot... kinda reminded me of a Tupperware party in there. Overall I felt that the 350 was more chaff than wheat. (I was really disappointed by it, since I was really looking forward to its release.)
the sti on the other hand... can you ask for more space in what amounts to a detuned WRC car?? Wickedly fast, takes well to mods, 4 season use, and will likely retain it's resale value over the 350 (debatable i know).. Now if we were talking about a G35... looks alone would be a huge factor, that car being so pretty n all...
I'm sure it'd be fast enough if mods are not a priority and IMO WAY more car than the 350... price is an issue here tho I�m sure.

Whichever you choose, you'll be in fine company.

j.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
#1566681 05/09/06 11:47 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I also vote for the STi, mainly for the practicality.

Besides, how long will you be keeping the vehicle? You'll probably get more used buyers for an STi because of the practicality angle. At least with the higher gas prices people might be more willing to splurge on something that can double in taking kids back and forth from school.

Richard | Focused 24-7 2002 Focus ZTS...+275,000km and beyond! Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | SVTOA Redline Rendezvous
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard