Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Ok...well I just bought a 1998 Ford Contour GL yesterday (which is a big deal for me because it's my first car). My brother gave me his old CD deck. How would I go about removing the old deck and putting the new one in? What kind of special tools do I need?

Thanks in advance.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
radio removal tool or a bent coat hanger, both do the job.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
B
OP Offline
B
Oh ok, thanks. But what about wires and stuff? Do I need any knowledge of wiring? Or is it just "match-up"?

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
if it's just the player, no speakers or anything fancy, spend another $5-10 at walmart for a harness for your car, and then it's just match-up the wires.
off the top of my head, you'll have:

2 purple - one with stripe
2 white - one with stripe
2 green - one with stripe
2 gray - one with stripe
black (ground)
yellow
red

those will be your functionality wires. i believe there's a blue in there for the power antenna, and another blue for amp turn on, but i don't know that a GL has the premium sound, so don't worry about that one. and that may be it, pretty simple, strip the wires, splice them with electric tape, or something more fancy if you've got it

any questions, keep asking...

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard