Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I just had a Koni suspension kit with B&G springs installed at my local mechanic and they ride great. However, after I got the car back from the shop, I now have a major vibration during acceleration only. I thought it might possibly be a cylinder at first but now I think it has something to do with the front right axle they had to replace during installation. I'm getting it scoped out after this weekend to check for misfiring or any possible coil problems, but does anyone have any other suggestions regarding the axle? I've seen a few post on here concerning this problem after axle replacement, but no real answers to the vibration.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
get an alignment done first just to see..

H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Should I wait for the springs to fully drop before I get the alignment done? I just picked up the car today. Wouldve done install myself but I rounded the bolt pinching the strut on the knuckle and didnt wanna take a torch to it myself.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Hammy1105:
Should I wait for the springs to fully drop before I get the alignment done? I just picked up the car today. Wouldve done install myself but I rounded the bolt pinching the strut on the knuckle and didnt wanna take a torch to it myself.

No. Get it aligned before you put significant miles on it. Alignment is a service that can be done again if needed.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I am getting my right front axel assembly replaced because of a vibration problem similar to what you are explaining. Shop said I have too much play in my CV joint and axel.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
I am getting my right front axel assembly replaced because of a vibration problem similar to what you are explaining. Shop said I have too much play in my CV joint and axel.

yea my car has been shaking alot recently as well, come to knows its because my driver side axle is messed up..

however the problem stated in this thread and the fact that there was a suspension change done prior to the shaking is pretty clear that one needs an alignment before comming to any other conclusions..

H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
No, I think I figured it out, I believe the CV joint is sticking after reinstallation of the axle, I'm gonna have to remove the assembly and reinstall it myself.....stupid "master technician".....check this first before you go and have everything replaced, your axles might be good still

H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Just got it aligned today and there's still vibration during acceleration. For anyone else who's having this problem you might just wanna take apart and reinstall the cv joint and axle assembly.

H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Well, i've had it at the mechanics for two days now and he still can't figure out whats wrong. He thinks its because of the tires or a loose tire rod, or a combination but really he just doesnt have a clue...if anyone ever figures out what fixes this let everyone know

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
He can't put the front end up and accelerate and have someone watch under the car?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard