Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I still have my original heads with 2000 miles on them.

My issue is if the injector position causes any of the cyl to go lean. If those get screwed up, I'm even more in the hole.

I'm totally willing to try the split port and dyno it back to back with the ovals, since I have both setups and easy access to a dyno. However, I don't want to screw up the engine and be another few thousand dollars down.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
If they are oval port heads like the 3L heads we use, then there will be no issues with using the split port on it. Definitely no problem with fuel delivery.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Gabe trust us, there is no issue with a cyl going lean ITS STILL GETTING THE SAME fuel, where the fuel gets injected either equally through both valves or more through the primary valve is a mute point it all goes into the cylinder.

The only way to kill the engine is the tuning and I assume you have good people doing that. The injector position has no effect on A/F.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by kinger:
Gabe trust us, there is no issue with a cyl going lean ITS STILL GETTING THE SAME fuel, where the fuel gets injected either equally through both valves or more through the primary valve is a mute point it all goes into the cylinder.

The only way to kill the engine is the tuning and I assume you have good people doing that. The injector position has no effect on A/F.

True.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
What's wrong with the plastic Taurus one? Nice, smoothe, heat shedding. Why would you want to switch to a big metal one? Do you think you are going to pop the plastic one?

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It won't seal possitively with the TB as it only use two bolts to hold the TB on and not 4.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Stazi:
It won't seal possitively with the TB as it only use two bolts to hold the TB on and not 4.

Well that blows. What about the fancy new one on the Montego/FiveHundred's 3L?

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Haven't seen it yet. Plus the new 3L Duratech is a totally different animal.

I think you could get an Escape Al unit to work. But honestly Gabe's problem doesn't exist. People on here have already assured him that the injector position is fine.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Also the interior plenum volumes are much different and better on the ST220 intake over the Plastic taurus one.

Gabe's problem of the injector position is not a issue and hopefully he can convince his mechanic

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Well, ok. I think we're going to try both the stock Escape one and this 2.5L one, and dyno them both back to back.

The 2000 Cougar rail can support 600-700hp?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard