Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Anyone happen to know the cheapest place in the US to get the current Ford Mondeo ST220 upper and lower intake manifolds?

Thanks.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I've seen them for 279.99...but i dont recall where...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
ST220 intakes, good luck finding one in the US

Make me an offer I can't refuse lol

I thought you were going with the split port upper, plans changed?

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Yeah, plans changed. Injectors didn't line up at all in the ports, my mechanic told me. Will end up selling that and going ST220.

Are you serious about selling? If so, just PM me what you're looking for. Thank you very much.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by gotapex:
Yeah, plans changed. Injectors didn't line up at all in the ports, my mechanic told me. Will end up selling that and going ST220.

Are you serious about selling? If so, just PM me what you're looking for. Thank you very much.

A post 2000 cougar returnless fuel rail will bolt right in..problem solved or am I missing something?

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
From what my mechanic explained, it's the position of the injectors inside. Other side basically gets nothing. Going back to oval, $2500 down the drain.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The injectors are supposed to be on the side, that is OK and how the manifolds were designed, the tumble port head will allow for good mixing of air and gas before it gets to the chamber. There is no reason to scrap this manifold your so close I hate to see it not tried.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
From what my mechanic explained, it's the position of the injectors inside. Other side basically gets nothing. Going back to oval, $2500 down the drain.

OMFG...LMAO. I am not trying to be a dick, but this forum prob could've saved you some money. Basically the UIM/LIM you used isn't going to line up because it is totally different from oval port to split port. The injector placement is totally different. Your mechanic sounds like he knows whats up. LOL.

You could still run your SVT manifolds...you just need to port match the heads to work. 'demon style'

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

OMFG...LMAO. I am not trying to be a dick, but this forum prob could've saved you some money. Basically the UIM/LIM you used isn't going to line up because it is totally different from oval port to split port. The injector placement is totally different. Your mechanic sounds like he knows whats up. LOL.

You could still run your SVT manifolds...you just need to port match the heads to work. 'demon style'

He already did. Sounds like he wants it the way it was intended though, with the injector in the middle. Sounds ideal to me. Just have to find a manifold, or have one made.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Gabe you can't just bolt on the oval intake anymore unless you swap your heads. The injector position is fine, I urge you to just bolt everything up and see how it runs before jumping back to a oval port set up.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard