Print Thread
#1565338 05/05/06 07:41 PM
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I will be needing to replace the right/front axle assembly, as mine has some play in it that is becomming significant. The shop I took it to will do it all for around $250. That includes aftermarket axel assembly by a brand called GPK. So I told the shop maybe, and called the ford stealership. Parts and labor from ford will be in upwards of $600 or more. Is it ok to go with some aftermarket axels, or is it dependent of the materials used by that brand? What's the best way to find out if it's a quality product or not? I will not pay $600 for ford to do this, it's just rediculous. Thanks in advance.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I just got off the phone with the shop, and the parts have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. I think I'm gonna' just go for it, and hopefully the aftermarket axel assembly is high enough in quality.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard